Conferencing

daytripper!

Reaction score
Anybody got any advice / experience on setting up group conferencing using say Zoom, CLICK, other?? Looking to cover up to 40 bods max at a time. FYI HP Pavilion AMD A8 basic laptop running Windows10. Conferencing has got to be a growth mkt in current climate but find it astonishing if a basic laptop can 'command' a group having multi / two-way discussion without 'delays'! Thks!:bow

We are using Microsft Teams, several times a day. Typically anything from half a dozen up to two dozen particiapants. So far, fingers crossed, it's beahving faultlesly.

It works equaly as well on my Windows10 work laptop, my personal Mac and my iPhone. Other benefits are (if you need that funtionality) you can have a seperate chat in real time running in a side window, you can share and collaborate on ducumnets in real time and it automaitcaly syncs with Oulook calander so very easy to scedule meetings and keep tabs on participants.

Andres

Biggest Zoom conference I've hosted was only 10 people but, once we'd got used to working online rather than face-to-face it wasn't too bad. I'd suggest the host needs a big screen or ideally twin monitors as if you're going to use some of the management tools (ideally the one than only unmutes one delegate at a time) it makes life easier. It will get better with practice.

Way to do big groups successfully is to mute all Mics due to noises. When someone has a question get them to put there electronic hand up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Zoom has a limit of something like 1000, so that should be fine. Main issue I have is stability of Virginmedia in my area and the stability of the VPN connection that I have to use for work.

Use Zoom without problems, although there are some emerging questions about it's security.

RBW.

We use both Zoom and Teams. Largest so far has been 120 on zoom.

Worked surprisingly well.

Used both, I think Teams works better. I’m not keen on the sharing approach of teams though. You have to share the specific open file rather than just sharing your desktop as in the past.

We have used both at work this week... teams works well, but had up to 35 on Zoom, that was perfect, no issues, good luck.

Used both, I think Teams works better. I’m not keen on the sharing approach of teams though. You have to share the specific open file rather than just sharing your desktop as in the past.

Which to be fair is quite simple to do. We use Teams a lot for either 1 2 1 meetings or internationally for dozens of participants. I find it an improvement in Skype which for some reason always seemed to drop out.

We use Zoom, Teams and Skype (for Business)
All good.
Zoom seems more fun for video calls.
Security concerns may dictate what you use. Zoom does have some concerns on Security (MOD and some Banks are refusing to use it because of security concerns)

Back
Top Bottom