Hoping everyone is keeping safe and well C-19

If you do go on WhatsApp, don't say yes when it asks for your contacts. If you do, you'll be passing all the data, and any future updates, to FaceBook who own WhatsApp. Just keep saying no when they ask you.

If you use your phone for work, and you have any work contacts on your phone, you will be breaking GDPR rules by saying yes.

Sorry to be down on it, but it needs to be out there.

You should read the stuff about Zoom!!! :eek

Just for info, neither of those will be loaded on any device of mine until they change what they do. Any time you're on the internet and you're not paying for it, you are the commodity to be bought and sold.

(Is that what you wanted Bill?)

On a happier note, I've put my back out!! :thumb

If you do go on WhatsApp, don't say yes when it asks for your contacts. If you do, you'll be passing all the data, and any future updates, to FaceBook who own WhatsApp. Just keep saying no when they ask you.

If you use your phone for work, and you have any work contacts on your phone, you will be breaking GDPR rules by saying yes.

Sorry to be down on it, but it needs to be out there.

You should read the stuff about Zoom!!! :eek

Just for info, neither of those will be loaded on any device of mine until they change what they do. Any time you're on the internet and you're not paying for it, you are the commodity to be bought and sold.

(Is that what you wanted Bill?)

On a happier note, I've put my back out!! :thumb

Hope your back gets better soon Tufty.

Many of us already use social media apps and accept the risks are there.

As Tufty advises checking security and saying no when prompted for sharing info is essential.

I have started a WhatsApp group with a view that it may be of use to members here. :thumby:

Hi Gerry, nice to here everyone’s doing okay.
Send me the link when you get a minute, it might help break the boredom. Be a key worker lay sports flooring. Don’t ask me how that works :nenau

Hi Paul

I have sent you a link.

Let me know if you haven’t received it.

Gerry

Well just as a little update to my previous of a few weeks ago. We're as certain as certain can be in the absence of a test that both of us and probably the lads (early 20's) have had the dreaded virus. SWMBO is a teacher and it was very prevalent at her school which is right by the QMC in Nottingham. Our wonderful government of course decided it ok to keep our schools open for several weeks longer than our European neighbours so I thank them dearly for the little treat of a virus and a couple of weeks of illness, but more significantly the stress of constantly wondering if it was going to develop into something serious. Two weeks I'd care not to repeat...

For now though we appear to be headed in the right direction although I'm mindful of reports from South Korea of it returning in people who were deemed to have recovered. Both of us just left exhausted and with little energy and bizarrely no sense of taste or smell! There are some advantages to this occasionally!

Onwards and upwards I hope!

My son, his partner and their 18 month old daughter have all had it though only the mums was confirmed by testing because she’s a nurse but all have recovered completely so keep keep your chin up Rich.

The only part of their illness that had me laughing was my son checking that their daughter had lost her sense of taste and smell by feeding her Marmite which she previously rejected after only smelling it. He’s a callous bastard :blast

Good to hear you and your family are coming through it Rich.

Andy does your son take after you? :)

Thankfully I have kept well so far.

The daily announcements on the numbers who have died seems to be surreal and we can start to question if the shutdown is an overkill.

However, learning that a nurse I worked with died of Covid this week and seeing her face in the press brought a reality check for me.

Keep safe everyone.
Gerry

My son, his partner and their 18 month old daughter have all had it though only the mums was confirmed by testing because she’s a nurse but all have recovered completely so keep keep your chin up Rich.

The only part of their illness that had me laughing was my son checking that their daughter had lost her sense of taste and smell by feeding her Marmite which she previously rejected after only smelling it. He’s a callous bastard :blast

Chin is up and a few days on we feel better by the day... Long may that continue...

Amusingly I was tinkering in the garage at the weekend and I think my sense of smell has returned slightly as one particularly pungent fart definitely registered!

Chin is up and a few days on we feel better by the day... Long may that continue...

Amusingly I was tinkering in the garage at the weekend and I think my sense of smell has returned slightly as one particularly pungent fart definitely registered!

Good to hear you and your family are feeling better Rich. :thumby:

Hope you all have the antibodies to prevent it coming back.

Hi Tufty,

Yes I am fine.

Only 5 of us have used WhatsApp.

One of my daughters is staying with me as she can work from here with all universities working remotely.

Zoom meeting with rest of family most days.

I have used the bikes for short rides to collect essentials and visiting cemetery.

Still relieved my offer to come out of retirement was not required. Not much PPE in mental heath work.

Doing little bits on the bikes but not be doing any longer rides yet.

How are you?

Same as usual thank you.

Thinking of going to Dent this weekend. (Back garden version)

Might even take my daughter.

Same as usual thank you.

Thinking of going to Dent this weekend. (Back garden version)

Might even take my daughter.

Me too. But on my own. WhatsApp me & we can video chat. :thumb2

Edit: Actually I can Dent with a chum now can't I? Anyone got Magnon's no.?

Back
Top Bottom