John chip and Lennie's sprockets

B-Maniak

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi there,

Bought Lennie's sprockets last year and would finally found time to put them on.

And went across John's chip.

Did somebody already try them both on the same bike and kept both?

Or are they redundant?

Yes I have both.
2000 R1150GS
Fitted the sprockets first then ordered the chip from John mentioning the sprockets being the only difference to an otherwise standard bike at the time.
I have since fitted reconditioned and matched 1200 injectors.
My bike has done 140000kms which isnt a lot for one of these.
The bike rides well and I suppose I noticed a difference after each item was fitted but no idea if one makes the other redundant

I've got both on my 98 1100gs initially fitted the sprockets which made a big difference to smoothing out the low speed high gear throttle response and also improved the fuel consumption. I had it like that for a few years then went to spain via france and noticed it felt a bit breathless at 80mph + speeds on the motorways.

I got in touch with John and he said he'd been working on a chip for the sprockets, according to him:-

"Yes i made a special chip for mods sprockets. This chip gives little faster timing advance at low and middle revs of rpm, but gives also slowly timing advance at high, because the stock chip by 9 deggress camsprockets is dangerous for engine at high rpms.
So by this mod chip the torque will be much better at low, little better at middle rpms and the power will be safe at high rpms."

I would reccomend them.

Back
Top Bottom