Secure Tailpack....

Chalky723

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Kriega US10 that I use as a tailpack on the bike, it has tools, airpump etc in it - stuff I'd like to leave on the bike, but not necessarily want rattling around in the top box & taking up Helmet/Shopping/Takeaway room.

Invariably, if I park up somewhere where I'll be out of sight of the bike, I take it off & have to either squeeze it in the top box or sling it in there & carry my helmet.

Has anyone got any secure-ish solutions that I could put on the rear of my seat - I've looked at ammo tins, pacsafe etc, but there's nothing particularly appealing that I've found (pacsafe are way too big for a tailpack)...

Cheers,

D

Have a look at Cymarc, they have a lockable box that replaces the rear seat. Mr Hooton of this parish, good bloke too.

Cheers - I had a look - unfortunately. I've got an F650 Twin, so one piece seat. There was a nice seat for the 650 single that had a toolbox instead of pillion, but it won't fit mine....

D

theres wire cable locks available ,i use a Givi One and run the wire through the loops on the US10 to lock it to the metal rack

Hi All,

I have a Kriega US10 that I use as a tailpack on the bike, it has tools, airpump etc in it - stuff I'd like to leave on the bike, but not necessarily want rattling around in the top box & taking up Helmet/Shopping/Takeaway room.

Invariably, if I park up somewhere where I'll be out of sight of the bike, I take it off & have to either squeeze it in the top box or sling it in there & carry my helmet.

Has anyone got any secure-ish solutions that I could put on the rear of my seat - I've looked at ammo tins, pacsafe etc, but there's nothing particularly appealing that I've found (pacsafe are way too big for a tailpack)...

Cheers,

D

It's a shame that you are 13 years too late to purchase the Pacsafe Tailpack or Tankbag. Probably they were both too expensive to sell well and have been discontinued.

I can't find any for sale on Fleabay either.

I use one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000MWSZNA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with a Kriega US20 on the rear seat of my Multistrada. It works well and would probably deter a casual thief. I loop it through the passenger grab handles and leave the US20 on the bike most of the time. So far so good.

I think this or similar may have to be the route - I think I've got an old laptop security cable somewhere, that I could wrap around & secure under the seat!!

Thanks for all the suggestions - appreciated.

D

Back
Top Bottom