Alaska Road Trip 2021

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
You may have noticed I'm doing an Alaska dirt bike trip in the summer of 2021 which is a fairly extreme trip and won't appeal to everyone who wants to see Alaska. So, in conjunction with it I'll be running a pure road trip along side it.

We will fly the bikes into Anchorage Alaska and start the trip on Sunday 4th July 2021. We will get into Santa Rosa California on Friday 23rd July 2021. We ship the bikes home from there. The trip travels south through Alaska, The Yukon, British Columbia, Washington State, Oregon and California.

This 3 week trip will be purely tarmac with a couple of optional short excursions on dirt roads which would be very do able on most bikes. I've done this trip before and it really is a cracker.

Highlights include:

• Seward - Whittier Tunnel and Portage Glacier
  • Hatcher Pass, Matanuska Glacier, McCarthy Mine Valdez
  • Top of the World Highway Dawson City
  • Skagway, Atlin, Watson Lake
  • Cassiar Highway, Salmoln Tail Glacier
  • Mt Robson, Icefields Parkway
  • Mt St Helens Crater Lake
  • Pacific Coast Highway and Giant Redwoods

This is a brilliant trip and takes in some of the best scenery you will ever ride through.

For anyone wanting to spend more time up in Alaska combine both trips, you would be able to ride the Dalton and Dempster Highways before heading back up to Anchorage for the start of this. Alternatively, you could do your own thing and link up with this at anytime.

PM me with you email and I'll ping you out more comprehensive details.

Attachments

• Bow lake1.JPG
    Bow lake1.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,341
  • Crater8.JPG
    Crater8.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 1,362
  • Oregon shed3.JPG
    Oregon shed3.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,386
  • Redwoods1.JPG
    Redwoods1.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,344
Hey Chris, long time no see.
Can you send me details of both? I’ll PM an email address if need be
Thanks
:beerjug:

All

I've just been checking through the logistics for both Alaska trips for 2021 and they are good to go with no changes at present.

I think next year is going to be very busy after this years write off so I have been advised to get my bookings in early.

I know many of you will be itching to get out there and see the world again after the lockdown so if you want information on the road or dirt trips for next summer let me know asap.

At this moment this trip is still going ahead next year.

All teh planning is done so it's a question of pressing the button when we get the go ahead.

I'm sure people will be champing at the bit to get away somewhere by next summer so PM me if you want info.

Hi Chris

As per my email, myself and the good lady are up for the tarmac trip in 2021 now the kids are old enough to leave for so long, we will stick a few days on either side to see some sites also, so will be away for most of July.

Looking forward to it after the wash out of this year :thumb

James

Hi Sarge,
I’m formulating a cunning plan where I may take early retirement next year. I like the idea of treating myself, and if my timing is right the planets may align for the road trip.
I’ll PM you my email address if you could send me some details please.
Cheers.

I’ve broached the idea with the mrs and was surprised I’ve got the go ahead for the trip with her joining me ��. Could you send me more details and keep me in the loop please. As an aside, there’s a slim chance I might might mange to do both trips, if I play my cards right...

I’ve broached the idea with the mrs and was surprised I’ve got the go ahead for the trip with her joining me ��. Could you send me more details and keep me in the loop please. As an aside, there’s a slim chance I might might mange to do both trips, if I play my cards right...

PM me your email address old son and I'll get details to you.

It will come as no surprise to anyone that I've had to cancel both this and the Alaska dirt trip for this year.

The Canadian borders look like being closed to non essential travel until at least October so as this trip comes down through Canada we are stuffed.

I have an alternative Alaska only trip on rentals for September 2021 if we are allowed to travel by then and I'm happy to send out details.

I'm committed to some wonderful trips in the US next summer so please keep an eye out for those in this section.

The next time I'll be able to run an Alaska trip now is summer 2023.

As always, if you are interested in any of these trips please PM me your email address. :thumby:

Hi Chris,

I'm still up for a US of A Summer trip in 2022... appreciate if you let me know your plans for next year.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom