Muck on the rearend

Colm Cummins

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does the Mudsling keep the road dirt from climbing up your back in bad weather or is it just to keep the shock clean? R1200gs Twincam.

It just keeps the shock cleaner. Throwing dirt on the back of the legs is a common thing on all GS's and as far as i know there is no cure.

00ce2b22dfe717fd3e81c81129080c17.jpg

Ive fitted a hugger works well with road tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Does the Mudsling keep the road dirt from climbing up your back in bad weather or is it just to keep the shock clean? R1200gs Twincam.

Certainly on the LC it's not recommended to fit both a hugger and the mudsling as they rub on each other. FWIW I agree with the above-the hugger is better than the mudsling for keeping the crap off you but it's not a complete solution. I've got an machineart mudsling and have a Chinese copy hugger which I'm going to trim down with my drimmel so they don't rub. Others have said on the LC that frame infjlls help too though I don't know if they are available for the TC.

Are there any downsides to removing the rear scoop? I have often thought about it but thought that Mr BMW must have fitted it for a reason...

Remove scoop - fit Mudsling..

That’s the best combo

Are there any downsides to removing the rear scoop? I have often thought about it but thought that Mr BMW must have fitted it for a reason...

Keep the Germans happy.....

It’s the first thing I remove - insert a couple of button head 6mm SS bolts into the holes .. stick it on the shelf to refit the day you sell it..

Think they are 6mm:D can’t remember..

Back
Top Bottom