Airhead bits wanted for 89 GS

KBKLR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have posted this in the wanted section - please PM if you can help, many thanks

R100GS 89
I am still looking for a seat lock for my GS, and I would also like a low front mudguard and bracket (in white would be ideal). A UK LHS dipping headlight for it would be useful as well. PM me if you can help - Many thanks

PS - The disk brake upgrade and caliper bracket would also make life a little less exciting

Good luck finding a seat lock......they have been unobtainable for some years now, nor even reproductions ..

Are you suggesting they do sell seat locking kits?

Cheers

The seat lock housings are prone to breaking. Phone motorworks and ask if they have just the internals (cylinder/catch) out of a broken one. Theres a good chance.

The housing parts can be bought from Wildmojo2 on advrider, he is in Germany and will post you a new, strong 3D printed housing for about 25 euro.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/gs-or-g-s-seatlock-remake.1216835/

Probably your best bet.

Bits

Send Mikeyboy a pm, if anyone has one it’s probably him.

Thanks for the help with locks - I have been looking for a while for one, most promising gigs suggestion. The one in the states with no key is 239 dollars plus 53 postage plus 80 dollars tax - so i will not bother with it.

Interesting about the seat lock because mine doesn't have a lock, just a push button at the back in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom