New XR - first review

Nutty

Reaction score
Saw this yesterday. Interesting to see that BMW have dropped the rear light on the new XR, following the integrated design into the indicators of the RR.

Details at 2 min 42. :thumb

Attachments

• 6CC43E47-8675-4EC0-8BE0-2D9FEDF7E981.jpg
    6CC43E47-8675-4EC0-8BE0-2D9FEDF7E981.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 701
Not surprising about the tail / indicators

The yanks have used a flashing taillight for years as indicators

And it's old hat tbh, i had integrated indicator / brake lights on my GS for years lol ;)

Ummmmm .....

I like a distinct separation between brake lights and indicators. I know I've mentioned before as an example, cars like mondeo's with circular brake lights and an indicator in the middle.

A classic 'confused scenario' on the road is seeing brake lights come on, but failing to realise a driver is bringing that speed right down to walking pace for, say, a small offside side road, and that confusion coming from not picking up on the indicator in good time ......

So just how bad is that seat ? :nenau

Not for me, im glad the GS fits my requirements. Few gimmicky things, like the rear indicator/tail light. And i agree, that seat will be an arse killer on a long trip.

Ummmmm .....

I like a distinct separation between brake lights and indicators. I know I've mentioned before as an example, cars like mondeo's with circular brake lights and an indicator in the middle.

A classic 'confused scenario' on the road is seeing brake lights come on, but failing to realise a driver is bringing that speed right down to walking pace for, say, a small offside side road, and that confusion coming from not picking up on the indicator in good time ......

In some respects, i agree,

My GS had a dedicated stop & tail unit, but when i changed the indicators to after market led they came with an integral stop cluster

so each led array was like this for indicators < > & like this for stop lamp - - when you were indicating and braking, you got <- or ->

being led, it was very clear.

The yanks dont have orange lamps for anything, so whilst seeming odd to us limeys, its quite a simple and effective system

It would need to have laser guns front and back to tempt me to shell out on a new bike in this climate......

I want my 25 minutes back...:D
Worthless blabber...the seat and tank is perfect for sport-riding but not a Goldwing couch !
All this bike needs is an exhaust system to make it sound like a motorcycle and some decent rubber...main difference to the old XR is that the new one is much quicker steering !

Found my S1000xr seat more comfortable than my r1200gsa but that’s why people like Sargeant exist.

Back
Top Bottom