My 6th VFR750

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes, even a World pandemic can’t stop my obsession.
Bought unseen via an ad with crap photos and it was delivered today. Always exciting seeing such a bike for the first time. You win some you lose some. Definitely won with this one. Far better than I expected. I will only be its 5th owner in 31 years. 35K miles. Looking forward to getting the bodywork off for a deep clean. To use a ‘Brewerism’ I feel I have stolen it.

I’ve had 3 VFR’s.... 1 x ‘95 FS, 1 x ‘03 Vtec, 1 x ‘97 FR in that order.

Should never have sold the FS
Should never have bought the Vtec
Should never have sold the FR

I still look out for a nice one to come up, you just never know.

My FR is for sale on eBay at the moment. It’s not as good as it was when I had it, but it’s still pretty respectable and has the nice number plate that I owned for years and years.

Attachments

• 7D38F6BC-2BC6-49C1-A397-6375D7397324.jpeg
    7D38F6BC-2BC6-49C1-A397-6375D7397324.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 712
  • 8E3F44FE-CC4A-4EDC-8384-F685C50C0B24.jpeg
    8E3F44FE-CC4A-4EDC-8384-F685C50C0B24.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 681
  • 5501B905-2D98-460B-8569-8FCB52AC22C5.jpg
    5501B905-2D98-460B-8569-8FCB52AC22C5.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 692
Yes, even a World pandemic can’t stop my obsession.
Bought unseen via an ad with crap photos and it was delivered today. Always exciting seeing such a bike for the first time. You win some you lose some. Definitely won with this one. Far better than I expected. I will only be its 5th owner in 31 years. 35K miles. Looking forward to getting the bodywork off for a deep clean. To use a ‘Brewerism’ I feel I have stolen it.

Love white wheels :thumb

It's an early one isnt it. non single sided swingarm?

I've been after one for ages. :tears Hey ho. Have fun with yours, it looks great.

Lovely lovely bikes, and I really enjoyed mine, it was just a shame it didn’t really fit me.

Also a shame the 1200 never really made it as an alternative, that should have been a belter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lovely lovely bikes, and I really enjoyed mine, it was just a shame it didn’t really fit me.

Also a shame the 1200 never really made it as an alternative, that should have been a belter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t know which model you had, but these early non Pro-Arm bikes have much more comfy ergonomics in my opinion.

I don’t know which model you had, but these early non Pro-Arm bikes have much more comfy ergonomics in my opinion.

Identical to your bottom pic. My problem is an old wrist injury that plays up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks like a VFR750FJ. You're lucky to get it with the rear seat cowl.

I have a couple of slightly damaged nose cones for that bike if you want them.

My favourite bike for a long time. Before they started putting fat tyres on the back of all bikes.

Was always a bike I wanted but never got round to buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love white wheels :thumb

It's an early one isnt it. non single sided swingarm?

FG and FH bikes were the first version with a model designation of RC24. The FJ and FK (mine) were still designated RC24 but has quite a few changes, most notably sensible 17” wheels front and back, separate belly pan, fuel gauge, adjustable screen, ally rear footpeg hangers, different exhaust and a little more power. The FJ and FK are the lightest and most powerful of all the VFR750 versions. They were followed by the RC36 model designation which covers all the single sided swingarm models.

Oh wow , that brings back memories . I was Honda mad when I started riding , MBX50 , NS125F , VF400F , CBR600 , VFR750FH same colour as yours , looks in great condition too :thumb2

Edit : just checked the DVLA and my old one is on a SORN and hasn’t had an MOT for 3 years. It’s presumably tucked up in the back of someone’s garage , somewhere .

I love the design elements of the 80's bikes the style of instruments the addition of NACA ducts on the later bike. Also just look at the quality of finish not to take anything away from the way the bike has been looked after but I always think the initial good quality is only reflected in later years. I would bet that Honda lost money on there bikes of that era as they lasted so well, so the only option was keep changing the models in hope people buy the next new thing, and that seems to have become a world wide sales tactic.

But great bike.

Barny

There is the age old tale that after the debacle with the chocolate cams of the original VF750, they did indeed lose money on the VFR750 but were desperate to get their good name back

Such a nice looking bike I think. Here's to many enjoyable miles for you on it :thumb

The quality of the gear driven cam VFR’s is fantastic. I noticed a distinct downturn in said quality when the Vtec was introduced. Not that it was bad, it was and probably still is better than other models within the Honda range.

Back
Top Bottom