Failing Fuel Pump Controller Symptoms

Moonmanzn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon Sir's

Would someone care to set me straight on symptoms of a failing fuel pump controller?

Im chasing an issue with a 2011 GS and this is an area im looking at.

why do we need 3 posts for the same fault?

I have never heard of a fuel pump controller....

there's a pump relay that used to fill with water and some bikes had a recall for one with better waterproofing and there's a fuel pressure regulator (2 in link) I heard on a US forum similar issues and his regulator had failed but he couldn't get any diagnostic info and had gone super technical in trying to measure stuff.... gave up and had it collected, BM just swapped out the regulator

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/en/show...25-BMW-R_1200_GS_08_0303,0313_&diagId=16_0675

Im chasing an individual question here instead of people chasing through my main thread,

The net calls it that but it is the same one you mention reference the water ingress. I have the later one which should be waterproof but hoping someones has ones that possibly failing at higher rpm/load/pressure and can confirm.

Afternoon Sir's

Would someone care to set me straight on symptoms of a failing fuel pump controller?

Im chasing an issue with a 2011 GS and this is an area im looking at.

In my experience a stopped engine and go home on a recovery truck.

In my experience a stopped engine and go home on a recovery truck.

Lol, thats what i been told. Seen a few that have had some issues but not complete dead bike. Will try find a cheap working used one and see if any diff.

Bypass the controller and see if that makes a difference before spending any money... also a GS911 will have recorded a fault even if it’s intermittent.

Bypass the controller and see if that makes a difference before spending any money... also a GS911 will have recorded a fault even if it’s intermittent.
Ah ok thanks Sir I will try the bypass tmrw but GS911 didnt record anything so I'm assuming its not that then.

I just booked in with you on tuesday next week so hopefully fixed by then :)

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom