GOAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone done this?
Does the tank need to come off?
Cheers
Goat

Hi,

I did mine a while back and yes the tank needed to come off. It's a pain in the backside to be honest.

Maybe someone much smarter than me, not difficult, could inform us differently.

Hope this helps.

Jgk

You can change the battery by releasing the front two tank bolts and removing the long rear bolt by the seat but you need an extra pair of hands to hold up the tank whilst you swop the battery over.
So as easy to take the tank right off. A quick tip is get the fuel level as low as possible so less weight in the tank. The fuel lines are a quick release type so they are easy to uncouple. Don't forget to unclip the two breather pipes that run down the frame. While the tanks off maybe change the air filter if you do your own service. Not sure what battery type your fitting but I changed mine for a lithium JMT from Motorworks and it made a big difference to the bike starting. Hope that helps.

Thanks folk job done and a new Motobatt fitted
I m sure I’m to blame in neglecting the old battery so a canbus enabled charger bought from nippy Norman’s should help
I think where I let it go flat and then used a normal charger across the battery terminals I’ve ended up with the abs warning light on permanently
Any ideas?
Maybe some sequence to reset it?

Thanks folk job done and a new Motobatt fitted
I m sure I’m to blame in neglecting the old battery so a canbus enabled charger bought from nippy Norman’s should help
I think where I let it go flat and then used a normal charger across the battery terminals I’ve ended up with the abs warning light on permanently
Any ideas?
Maybe some sequence to reset it?

It should reset once ridden.

Back
Top Bottom