F800GS crash bar advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I had SW Motec bars on mine as a pal did,there were a great fit and quality product.

I have Adventure Spec ones on my F650GS/ F700GS, very substantial and extend up to the false tank. Bought of here for £100

Had the SW Motech ones on a bike and liked them. I like the Givi ones now purely because they allow me stretch my legs out & rest on them. Have a damaged set that could be repaired if you want them for the price of postage.

I've got SW Motech bars on my 800. Got punted off by a reversing van a few weeks back and they did their job very well. Just a few scars on the bars and handguard

Adventure Spec bars on my F800gs and there are very good quality.. Not cheap but could definitely save you the money in a tumble, as Steve says they protect the panels too :thumb2

Eldest sons '12 plated bike came with Puig engine bars fitted and he tested them several times when following me :D and they stood up fine to some off road resting :D

My most recent F8Gs came with them already fitted as well, and after witnessing the NIL effects on eldest sons bike with them fitted I'm not inclined to change them :thumb2. I recently bougt a set for a non BMW bike that I've got - ace kit at a goood price :thumb2

Just my tuppence worth.

SteveT

:cool:

Thanks all, I think I will investigate the Puig or SW Motech ones, but if anyone here here has any others for sale, please message me

Adventure Spec here - they've kept the bike safe from one car knock off & a couple of solo spills (off road)....

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom