Klim Sizing

Wokkaman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, looking at swapping from my traditionally worn BMW Rallye suit to the Badlands Pro - how does the sizing compare??

Definitely try on first, they seem to be cut for the slightly more portly gentleman IMO... Quite baggy around my midrift...not a "cut" that suited my frame that well (which is a shame)...

I *think* they may have recently changed their fit slightly but I've always found the fit a bit weird so would advise trying on before buying.

I would normaly take a Large or in BMW a 54 jacket. This would give me a generous loose fit to allow plenty of layering. When I tried a Large Badlands it give a similar fit to the torso but across the shoulders it was huge, as were the arms. I ended up with a Medium which is a little tighter than I'd like but was the best compromise.

Andres

its allways been weird, if you are bang in the middle its pretty good and pretty much the same as anyone elses, but when they size up or down it seems to go to rat shit, better now than it was but still weired.
I will give for instance, they size up the length of the sleeve and width of shoulders but not the diameter of the sleeve in the same proportion so massive on body tight on arms and cuff.
My brother in law cannot wear the trousers as he is a short arse and they seem to position the knee armour a certian distance down from waistband and dont change it the bottom of the leg is shortened for short legs but the knee armour is always way to low i mean mid way down his shin for gods sake.

TRY IT ON first is my motto

Get up to moto legends in Surrey and try gem on, lots of different suits / makes and a warehouse full of sizes.

They have quite a 'boxy' shape to them. If the shoulders fit well, then under the arms you could hide a pair of ducks.

Imo go one size up on you normal kit

One size UP??

Klim stuff generally fits big because it's boxy and Yanks are all fat. I'm a good solid English 36" waist but both Klim suit pants are 34" and have room to spare. I'm a good 44" chest but my Badlands jacket size L has room for base layers, a down jacket and a heated waist coat. Same for my Traverse.

It's true that their sizing is a bit odd but no way do you want a bigger size than you normally wear (IMHO of course...)

its allways been weird, if you are bang in the middle its pretty good and pretty much the same as anyone elses, but when they size up or down it seems to go to rat shit, better now than it was but still weired.
I will give for instance, they size up the length of the sleeve and width of shoulders but not the diameter of the sleeve in the same proportion so massive on body tight on arms and cuff.
My brother in law cannot wear the trousers as he is a short arse and they seem to position the knee armour a certian distance down from waistband and dont change it the bottom of the leg is shortened for short legs but the knee armour is always way to low i mean mid way down his shin for gods sake.

TRY IT ON first is my motto

Thats exactly why i get my stuff made to measure from Scott Leathers. Nothing off the peg will fit me. :blast:D

Interesting ref the Klim fit, I struggle with bike gear fitting as I am the preverbial barrel chested prop forward build, 50in chest with no neck but regular 38 waist and leg length.I need to go to moto legends when they reopen and try some Klim on.

Hi all, looking at swapping from my traditionally worn BMW Rallye suit to the Badlands Pro - how does the sizing compare??

Hi

Have tha same dilemma and went today to sportsbikeshop to try both size (M and L)

I am 182 cm and 85kg. All BMW gear is sized 50 with never a problem

So:

Badlands Trousers: M size 32 regular: a little bit loose on the legs but waist was spot on

Jacket:

Tried with a thick base layer and with a thin kdown jacket as mid layer (I brought this stuff on purpose with me)

M size: perfect on the sleeves/shoulders. Tight on the chest. I am reading that it will get loose.

L size: perfect on the chest (there is room for more if needed) but too big on shoulders and sleeves. To give you an idea I feel like wearing that awful jeans very large on the legs but spot on on the waist.

At the end I decided to buy time and hence I was here reading about someone with my same experience.

D

Well as anyone has replied I add my experience

I finally bought a Badlands Jacket size M: fits like a glove.

Different experience for gloves: i usually wear 8 8 1/2 with bmw gloves so I made the mistake to buy M size with KLIm: big mistake they are two big

As a result I have A Badlands GTX M and a Aero Pro M for sale and brand new

Small is the right size for 8 8 1/2 BMW

Thanks
D

I am a 44 chest and have a Klim jacket in large. Fits great and as others have said, room underneath for a base layer and a fleece or similar.

Best kit I have ever had.

Back
Top Bottom