A couple of niggles.

dav.a

Reaction score
Last time I was out on the R9T a couple of things proved less than ideal.

Firstly I used the heated grips and found pressing the button a tad awkward:if I used my right thumb the throttle either opened or closed and if I used my left hand the movement unsettled the bike.

Secondly I suffered pins and needles in my right hand after riding for about 40 min, admittedly I may have been riding progressively which meant holding on a bit tighter than if I had been driving in a built up area.

Although neither will result in a bike change- the rest of it more than makes up for these two issues I do wonder if it is just me.

I lowered the footpegs and the improvement in comfort is incredible. For anyone finding the riding position a bit cramped I would certainly highly recommend lowering the pegs, its not a difficult job and in my opinion well worth it.

Last time I was out on the R9T a couple of things proved less than ideal.

Firstly I used the heated grips and found pressing the button a tad awkward:if I used my right thumb the throttle either opened or closed and if I used my left hand the movement unsettled the bike.

Secondly I suffered pins and needles in my right hand after riding for about 40 min, admittedly I may have been riding progressively which meant holding on a bit tighter than if I had been driving in a built up area.

Although neither will result in a bike change- the rest of it more than makes up for these two issues I do wonder if it is just me.

I lowered the footpegs and the improvement in comfort is incredible. For anyone finding the riding position a bit cramped I would certainly highly recommend lowering the pegs, its not a difficult job and in my opinion well worth it.

Never had either of these issues when riding my R9T Scrambler.

Never any hurry to change settings of the heated grips and so always do it when coasting with a closed throttle.

Does sound like you perhaps need to relax a little more when ridding either that or fit some grip puppies.

JB - sounds like you need to visit the doctors with your complaint ;)

I've got a R9T original and am very happy with it apart from the rear shock which is designed for someone heavier than me; a new one due in the summer (if I'm still gainfully employed!)

Grip Puppies..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200409-134221.jpg
    Screenshot_20200409-134221.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 417
Have used grip puppies on my 9 T and previous gs gsa etc, ,
doesn't affect heated grips massively, slightly increased diameter too,

I’ve had two R9Ts and I should say the answer to both is your holding on too tight. Relax man...

I've got to disagree.

I had major vibe issues when I had a gs, it's a flat twin, I accept it for what it is. I also have major vibe issues with my Scrambler, it is what it is. Now had you said he was holding on to tight due to the rear shock giving his vertebrae a good doing with a road drill, then I'd agree with with you.

Re holding on too tight: I was travelling progressively, very progessively, so a good grip was required ! Ive ridden at similar speeds on numerous other bikes, current Thruxton R included without pins and needles in my throttle hand. Ill try grip puppies. So far no numbing, that I'm aware of, in the crown jewels dept !

Re holding on too tight: I was travelling progressively, very progessively, so a good grip was required ! Ive ridden at similar speeds on numerous other bikes, current Thruxton R included without pins and needles in my throttle hand.

That's a bit unfair comparing a quality bike with a BMW :augie

Back
Top Bottom