1st ride on the new 2020 S1000XR

I doubt by June things will be back to normal and the Supenkuche will be open again...definitely worth going for good german food and beer.The owner is from Berlin...What ar you dong in S.F....Business or pleasure...;) Nice for a short visit but way too expensive to live...:eek: Good motorcycle culture with lots of European (BMW,Ducati,Aprilia,KTM) bike shops as you probably know...And what you see on the sidewalks I not dog-sheet...:D

I was delivering 20 tons of freight......

...20 tons of freight...hopefully from Columbia...:D
So you are a pilot ? Me too...I just stay on the ground...;)

"Most people just ignore him"

So how come, you and the other "most people" read and comment on his posts? It always seems to be the same few arrogant posters who jump on anything he posts.

I for one found his review interesting.
It seems as there has always been some hostility from a certain few on here to his posts although I'm with you and always thought them well written , informed and interesting and appreciate the time and effort he has put into them.
Perhaps now he has revealed that he is also a Pilot his opinions might be a little better well received. /

It seems as there has always been some hostility from a certain few on here to his posts although I'm with you and always thought them well written , informed and interesting and appreciate the time and effort he has put into them.
Perhaps now he has revealed that he is also a Pilot his opinions might be a little well received.

He does drone on a bit !

Maybe sometimes he does but as one who finds it difficult to write reviews on motorcycles and associated I am always appreciative of those who can and do. And the ones who can write a great trip report .
Its why I am an avid user of the site.
Used to always be on the Kevin Ash " Ash on Bikes" site back when and always found on there that a few subscribers could do review on any particular bike and come across as if they were a bike journo., Miss him and them.
Appreciate your reviews of bikes , accessories & trip reports to Arsey:
Keep it up everyone

Whoosh.....

7b7aa2fa76f355e920ca237bff8a37aa.jpg

Alpinerider...I appreciate your kind words but I have to slighty disappoint you...First english is not my native language and second I'm also a pilot delivering 20 tons of freight but on 18 wheels...;)THat is why Dave who called me all kinds of names for not staying home during the Corona Carnival made me laught...Because if it wasn'r for guys like me he would have to wipe his arse with leaves...:D

Here are some facts as MOTORRAD finally tested the new XR...mid-range is a little weaker than the original XR...blame EU-5 and taller gearing;+ 1 seconds going from 60-180km/h in 6th gear...The 1250GS was even 0,2 seconds faster than the EU-3 XR !
But 179 hp on top where the old one topped out at 169 hp on the same dyno and 12 kilos less weight wet,232kg vs 244kg where the 1250GS was 258kg with cast and 261kg with spoked wheels...So it is not all bad for the new XR...:thumb Quicker steering too and quieter which can be a good or bad thing !
They said very close in handling to the new RR which is quiet a feat...the character is more refined/less aggressive with better lights and dash ! Too me the biggest difference was the quick steering and missing popping during deceleration...;)

Back
Top Bottom