Dent 'At Home' Virtual Camping Weekend 15-17 May 2020

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Received this PM from Dane ...

Dent At Home Camping Weekend 15-17 May 2020 - An Idea - What do you think ?
Hi Guys

I sent a PM across to Micky last night to suggested we organise a “Dent Weekend Camp Out at Home” on the original Dent weekend 15-17 May 2020

He was fine and supportive and as I’m looking to drum up some more support to help NHS staff - We could contribute to the Great British Campout for NHS staff and have a different Dent At Home Camping Weekend this year.

As we can’t meet at Dent this year and with everyone having a bit of time to look at their tents, caravans and mobile homes but nowhere to go, how about we still have the Dent weekend camping at home - folk set the tents etc in there own gardens, camp, cook as they would, drink beer and whisky and camp a couple of nights.

We could share photos on line, FaceTime or via a zoom at a fixed time, quiz and have a virtual raffle or auction, definitely a furthest away contest - not sure how it would work but possibly worth a crack ?

==========
Pasting this in from Harry The Cat's suggestion on the cancellation thread ...

"Like all Air Ambulances the GNAA is going to lose considerable income this summer due to cancellations of scheduled events so, after consultation with Micky, I suggested we invite anyone who was going to attend the event, or anyone else for that matter to make a donation should they wish to do so. No pressure to contribute, particularly as some people will be taking a big financial hit due Covid19, but if, like me, you're not financially affected feel free to put a few quid in to help keep the ambulance running.

Should you wish to do the link is here:
https://www.greatnorthairambulance.co.uk/support-us/donations/donate-online-2/

When filling in the question “Please tell us your reasons for donating today” choose the option “I am making a donation following recent fundraising” and a small box will appear. In the box put “Donor Number 97622, member of the UKGSer” this will allow the GNAA to put it on the record for the group."

==========

Alternatively folk could donate a minimum of £2/night to the Great British Campout for NHS just giving page.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...britishcampout folk during this difficult time.

Don’t know if it would work but I quiet fancy a weekend camping to get me out of the house !

We could even ask Wapping to organise a virtual ride out around London and Yourself around Edinburgh !

Anyway a crazy idea would you be up for it ? - it’s not even far for anyone to get to !

If I can get a bit of support I’ll ask Micky to put on Dent 2020 thread

Please let me know what you think and if you are in and can encourage others.

All the best

Regards

Dane

Way hey! A virtual Dent! Does that mean Spike (or was it Stu) can do the virtual squits and we can all have virtual hangovers? :augie

I'm in! The neighbours think I'm aff ma heid as it is! :blast

Thanks Micky

I’ve had a few of the usual suspects I’ve sounded out “opting in” and would be great to get a list of those who want to join by camping at home.

Please sign up and looking forward to a great weekend.

Dane

I just have to check up on those dates. I think I might be able to make this one. Can you provisionally book me in and can I have the top left hand corner of my lawn please?

:thumb2

Great spike looking forward to it !
Top left hand corner of lawn booked Tinytim
Dogs welcome as well Wreford - looks like you’ll be there first
Pete don’t worry about the neighbours

Great spike looking forward to it !
Top left hand corner of lawn booked Tinytim
Dogs welcome as well Wreford - looks like you’ll be there first
Pete don’t worry about the neighbours

:thumb

Wee suggestion. An even split between the NHS camp out thingy and the air ambulance that Micky usually supports?

I'm in. Anything for a laugh and to relieve the lockdown boredom! :beerjug:

Me too Peter, dunno how I'll get on 'in the street' in my Camper, roof up, cooking breakfast. Or for that matter having a drink in the evening with my virtual mates 'in charge of a VW Camper' :eek:

:beerjug:

Me too Peter, dunno how I'll get on 'in the street' in my Camper, roof up, cooking breakfast. Or for that matter having a drink in the evening with my virtual mates 'in charge of a VW Camper' :eek:

Can't you rig a tarp up by your house next to the bike; somebody must have got an old green carpet for you to cook and sleep on;:D. My tent will be up. There may even be something you could loosely describe as pictures also;:D:beerjug:

Wee suggestion. An even split between the NHS camp out thingy and the air ambulance that Micky usually supports?
Dent has always been Micky's event with funds raised going to the GN Air Ambulance.

Currently the NHS has an almost endless supply of funds, the Air ambulance on the other hand does not.

I'm happy to join in and will happily add to the pot as long as anything I donate goes to the Air Ambulance and NOT the NHS :thumb

Suggest we keep both options open, for peeps to decide for themselves :thumby:

Pasting this in from Harry The Cat's suggestion on the cancellation thread ...

"Like all Air Ambulances the GNAA is going to lose considerable income this summer due to cancellations of scheduled events so, after consultation with Micky, I suggested we invite anyone who was going to attend the event, or anyone else for that matter to make a donation should they wish to do so. No pressure to contribute, particularly as some people will be taking a big financial hit due Covid19, but if, like me, you're not financially affected feel free to put a few quid in to help keep the ambulance running.

Should you wish to do the link is here:

https://www.greatnorthairambulance.co.uk/support-us/donations/donate-online-2/

When filling in the question “Please tell us your reasons for donating today” choose the option “I am making a donation following recent fundraising” and a small box will appear. In the box put “Donor Number 97622, member of the UKGSer” this will allow the GNAA to put it on the record for the group. I've tried the link. It works."

Yes, me too ... it works :)
Good one Tony :thumby:

:::.Edit.::: Just added the above info into post #1 BHT

Back
Top Bottom