New Spots, ideally to fit myself avoiding canbus issues

Cheers Steve, you must have spent nearly as much time as me looking at lights. I'd seen the Durite 0-420-50 and some 0-420-51 that are spots but not found the switch and cable so that's handy. Just need to decide if I want spot lights or flood lights and find a mounting bracket now

Spot lights arrived, mounting bar too. Just waiting on the switch and relay. All looking good so far although I haven't fitted them yet.

Meant to come back weeks ago on this - thanks for the advice and whoever said canbus wouldn't be affected by a relay was correct; installed a switch on left bar took feed from back of headlight and lights tucked under to front facing bar and all works great. Thanks chaps

No pics yet - will try and take a few.
Wiring arrived; the switch was reasonable enough but there was no rely. Got a refund and bought a relay from Halfrauds.

• Mounting bar fitted - was a bit of a faff but more fiddly than difficult
  • Durite lights look good, very bright - thanks for the recommendation
  • Switch is fine with a seprate relay. Fitted nicely using the hand protector clamp (with a bit of fettling)
  • Ran a live trigger for the relay from the accessory socket under the seat
  • Main feed to the relay comes off the battery
  • Got some spare "ways" on the new circuit in case I need to fit anything else
  • Need to tidy the wiring up - it's currently tucked away in a little bundle taped up in the space in front of the airbox under the tank
  • Lights only work when ignition on, can be independently switched
  • Lights go off 30 seconds after the ignition is switched off when the accessory socket goes to sleep
  • Need to adjust the lights so they aim properly
All good so far, thanks for all the helpful suggestions

Back
Top Bottom