Cool seat cover

Mallard

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is anyone using one of these? Are they any good for keeping your bum cool?, - should we ever get back on the road.

Attachments

• 98569.jpg
    98569.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 535
Yup i have one fitted to my steed and not only do they keep your backside cool, it also keeps you dry in the crotch area in a monsoon :thumb

yep I have on on my ktm and as stated above, works well, drains water away so you dont sit in it, and I think makes it a bit more comfortable

I bought a Cool Cover based simply on a recommendation in some mag.

But haven’t been able to test ride it yet.

Certainly looked “worth a try” after several trips abroad that have encountered very hot and/or very wet days.

yep I have on on my ktm and as stated above, works well, drains water away so you dont sit in it, and I think makes it a bit more comfortable
Agree with this, tried Airhawk, but I find this better.

They've been making and using these covers on scooters in SE Asia for years. The material works to a certain extent but also collects mucho crap so needs shaking/cleaning out every month or so. As long as you're wearing anything thicker than jeans, its more comfortable for long journeys (some cushioning effect also)...though short-skirt-wearers on shorter trips have been known to complain about imprints on their bums :D

Buy one off Aliexpress and save yourself a can of petrol over paying the middleman; 'coolcovers' is a fucking rip-off and their claims of using 'specially-developed' materials are bullshit.

The Vunderlicker version, though, must clearly be 1000% per cent better if the price is anything to go by :augie:D

I bought a set (rider & pillion) for a 12GS from eBay to try on my 1150.

Pillion fitted great, but passenger felt like she slid more than without it.

Rider wouldn't fit at all.

Gave them both to a mate with a 2018 12GS. He loves them, for all the reasons mentioned.

Based on sitting on his bike and feeling the cover under-ass, I'd be tempted to pay the Cool Covers price (I can't find cheapo eBay versions for the 1150).

Well, I've gone for it. Had a look around the web;- there're quite a few cheapo options but very few seem to be a tailored fit so I bit the bullet and paid the £65 (front seat only 1250GS). As a bought it from NN's at least the postage was free. It arrived double quick even in today's climate, and the fit was spot on. Being new it seems quite strange to sit on, but I suppose I'll get use to that. However, no road test yet, but seeing that I always wear leathers (for some reason I don't seem to get on with textiles) I'm hoping that all the positives mentioned above work for me too. The only downside I've noticed, sat on the bike in the garage, is that it slightly increases seat height, and being a bit of a short-arse, that doesn't really help me. Maybe it will wear in with a bit of use, but well pleased so far.

I have a BMW engined CCM GP450 with a narrow enduro style seat primarily used as a lightweight road bike for camping etc.
This is the only bike I have never been completely comfortable on for any distance. I currently use a Putnams Stadium air cushion with a sheepskin over the top but still find it uncomfortable.

Have been looking at these (and the cheapo eBay versions) for a while purely as a comfort option. I don't have a problem with heat even though I wear leathers whatever the temperature. It's how well they work on a narrow seat I'm concerned with.

tom

Dont use it in the winter unless you want your testicles to shrivel up and to return where they first descended from.

I have the cover from Wunderlich on my 1250 GSA with Wunderlich comfort seat. A few weeks after I got it, I received the "same" seat from Aliexpress. Turns out I had ordered it and forgotten all about it, so I gave it to a friend to use on his 2017 GSA 1200.
I have tried them both and it appears the Wunderlich is a bit thicker. Apart from this I must agree it increases comfort by more cushioning, it makes it colder between your legs when it is really cold and also more airy and cool as the temperature rises.
One point to mention is that is makes your seat a bit more slippery, for better or worse.

I'm thinking of giving one of these a go having tried an Airhawk and took it off mid ride ( to Geneva) when it made me drop the fully loaded bike at a services! As I brought the bike up off its sidestand I sat on it at TDC, expecting it to stop - and it didn't! Lack of grip between bum and seat allowed the bike to keep going and I was ultimately highsided off the thing. No injury or damage but very embarrasing. Luckily a couple of lads came out of the services and lifted the bike up again - but that was it with me and Airhawk. Hopefully the Cool cover is less slippy?

I have no issues with slipperiness at all.

I’m so impressed with the cool cover that we’re going down to their HQ next week so they can do a custom for one for the wife’s R1250RS. She has the ultra low seat, so Cool Covers don’t have a stock pattern that fits. They’re doing the custom fit while she waits for no increase in price over their stock ones.

They definitely keep the boys cooler - a bit too cool in winter. There wasn’t the usual “heat related issues” over this last weekend doing 600 miles around Scotland in 28-30 degrees.

I certainly noticed an increase in comfort too. Without the cover I suffer a lot with numb bum syndrome and regularly shuffle or stand. I’ve had none of that since fitting the cover.

I’ve got a “quality” one and a Ali express heap of cheap………

And I can’t tell the difference. The figments underneath are neater but I don’t give a shit about out of sight stuff.

Ali E for me too

Had cool covers fitted to my Cb500X, T120 Bonny and have one on my 650 Interceptor. In my experience they work well, good in wet weather as it tends to lift your backside away from the water that can accumulate under one's arse.

Back
Top Bottom