Scrambler 1200 - It's good that init

Nice 'n' Fat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dragged the old Scrambler out of its slumbers this morning it having not been touched since I last rode it in October. She fired up on the button then I noticed an orange Service Indicator warning light on the dash in the form of a spanner. How quaint. On scrolling through the Home Menu I noticed a Service section and found that you can turn the light off with the push of a button :augie:thumb2

Lovely :D

20200413-152515.jpg

20200413-152635.jpg

20200413-152746.jpg

Thanks Triumph :thumb

looks good, I know they are a bit smaller than the XE, I think its sit better and does not look as flash not having the gold forks (I wanted the XE being 6'3" and like the elevated position, when up in the dales, looking over the walls). did you get the Tec tail tidy and chop the black under-fairing arch down or buy one pre-chopped as it were. Looks good, I fancy doing that with mine.

For ages I have been meaning to get to Jack Lilley's to have a test ride on one of these.

I'm fascinated to see how much go the 1200 engine has. And what's its character like - linear or exciting?

Can anyone who owns one advise me? Please use an 1100 / 1150 or a Bonnie 865 as a reference, then I'll get a better understanding :thumb2

For ages I have been meaning to get to Jack Lilley's to have a test ride on one of these.

I'm fascinated to see how much go the 1200 engine has. And what's its character like - linear or exciting?

Can anyone who owns one advise me? Please use an 1100 / 1150 or a Bonnie 865 as a reference, then I'll get a better understanding :thumb2

I've had an 1100 and 1150 - (and a 1200 Hex and 1200LC )i've also had a 900 Scrambler - it's much better then the 900 Scrambler - has loads more "go" - for Road Use its perfect - it's very linear in my opinion.. the 1100/1150 has a distinct character - and has that additional little shove mid rev range..... the 1200 is very linear compared and just keeps pulling - in sport mode i was able to power wheelie without stress...

i love everything about it... and its a great replacement for an 1150..

I've had an 1100 and 1150 - (and a 1200 Hex and 1200LC )i've also had a 900 Scrambler - it's much better then the 900 Scrambler - has loads more "go" - for Road Use its perfect - it's very linear in my opinion.. the 1100/1150 has a distinct character - and has that additional little shove mid rev range..... the 1200 is very linear compared and just keeps pulling - in sport mode i was able to power wheelie without stress...

i love everything about it... and its a great replacement for an 1150..

What he said :thumb2

did you get the Tec tail tidy and chop the black under-fairing arch down or buy one pre-chopped as it were. Looks good, I fancy doing that with mine.

Chopped the OE part down as there is no way was I going to pay £80 for an already cutdown one from TEC and I would never want to put it back to stock anyway. The OE indicators and tail lamp I sold on e-bay and replaced them with Triumph accessories. The OE mirrors I've kept but replaced them with TEC bar end jobbies which I have to say work really well and are as cheap as chips :thumb

Attachments

• 3C29D7BC-46F2-41E9-A28C-ABE20F0B7BC8.jpeg
    3C29D7BC-46F2-41E9-A28C-ABE20F0B7BC8.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,374
Chopped the OE part down as there is no way was I going to pay £80 for an already cutdown one from TEC and I would never want to put it back to stock anyway. The OE indicators and tail lamp I sold on e-bay and replaced them with Triumph accessories. The OE mirrors I've kept but replaced them with TEC bar end jobbies which I have to say work really well and are as cheap as chips :thumb

Did you put anything in the Mirror holes on the handlebar?

Thanks for the reply, I was of same thought regarding the 80 quid outlay.

Had a sneaky “essential” trip out today........fuck me I love this bike....

That’s cos you have too many bikes mister...

I’ve cut back to two ... an EVO Harley and the Scram......that’s me happy.

Had a sneaky “essential” trip out today........fuck me I love this bike....

Rode mine yesterday for first time in ages, as we can now ride here for recreation.
It is lovely BUT I really want to cut down to only three bikes in the garage so one really needs to go.....

Back
Top Bottom