Scrambler 1200 - It's good that init

Yes, it’s a toss up between a de cat or keep the stock exhaust and buy headers.....I may watch out for a stock set and get them de catted...

I try and keep my changes reversible were possible....

It's most odd that despite the amount of decatted 1200 Scramblers there are around I don't think I've ever seen a set of stock headers come up for sale on e-bay :duno

It's most odd that despite the amount of decatted 1200 Scramblers there are around I don't think I've ever seen a set of stock headers come up for sale on e-bay :duno

All on the PCP and wanna reverse the change come the time?

Nobody buys bikes these days, Tricky told me :thumb

Andres

I’ve been looking for a few weeks, I reckon people keep them to reverse come sale time... then sell the after market headers....

Looking at a 2nd hand Triumph Pannier Rack - A9510491 - does it come with fixings or does it use fixings already on the bike? One advertised had no fixings with it.

So have people still hung onto their scramblers?

I rode one last week and enjoyed it but some of the key fob issues, exhaust heat are putting me off. On the plus side bike seems to fit like a glove

I was told just recently by a mate who works in a Triumph Dealership that the 2021> models don't have a catalyst in the headers and the Cat is now in the silencers

My own 2019my XC has not been an issue with heat unless you are stationary in 30 degree plus heat. On days like today, the heat from the headers is rather pleasant

PS I've never had a key fob issue other than the low battery warning light coming up on the dash

I still have my 2019 XE and think it’s great, did a 10 day trip around Ireland end of Sept / beginning Oct and was brilliant in all weathers and road surfaces.

I think the headers do get a bit warm, but as mentioned above it’s great on days like today. If I wear just jeans then I feel it more than my gortex pants.

Regarding the key fob, it is over designed and it’s like reinventing the wheel IMO, but not had any issues with going flat, not working or anything like that.

I think they are a great bike that does not have all the plastics of some modern bikes and is great for a tall rider.

The key is to turn the fob off whilst not in use..press and hold the triumph badge and the led will go green to red…..this saves the fob battery…remember to turn it back on though…..

The key is to turn the fob off whilst not in use..press and hold the triumph badge and the led will go green to red…..this saves the fob battery…remember to turn it back on though…..

This is something that most dealers forget to tell the customers :blast

cheers all. I have a longer test ride in two weeks so will see how that goes

Scrambler test ride......

Took a Street Scrambler out the other week.....great little bike with a punchy engine but a bit small for me and I recon I would get bored on it within a week. Now the 1200....that a whole different kettle of fish! Stonking engine, great looks, and a great sound.
It will fit in nicely beside the GSA and HD Low Rider S. Just wonder if the wife will mind?!

Took a Street Scrambler out the other week.....great little bike with a punchy engine but a bit small for me and I recon I would get bored on it within a week. Now the 1200....that a whole different kettle of fish! Stonking engine, great looks, and a great sound.
It will fit in nicely beside the GSA and HD Low Rider S. Just wonder if the wife will mind?!

Only one way to find out. :)

Did you ride the XE or XC ?

Added a H&B centre stand to my XE and blackened out a couple of bits, pretty happy with it just need to remove side stand to get powder coated. The centre stand was easy to fit contrary to some reviews

That's the makings of a good long distance go anywhere bike. Luggage, screen, centre stand. Add a tank bag and you're away. For me maybe a slightly larger screen for some weather protection, ideally adjustable, maybe extended fuel range. Nice looking option.

Anyone been a long trip on one ?

Edit: can you put soft panniers on it with a proper frame or is the exhaust too hot and close? Maybe a heat proof plate on the frame?

Back
Top Bottom