New kit for £1000

Jamows

Reaction score
Looking for a jacket and trousers for around £1k. Getting totally lost with it. Need something for all year round but won’t be planning on riding in really bad weather.

Any help really appreciated

Have looked at bmw rallye kit and also a few options from rev it

I'd highly recommend looking at the Oxford Mondial suit. Have one myself and am very pleased with it. Laminated Gore Tex means no need for extra waterproof kit, decent liners mean also suitable for cold weather riding. Really well vented for the summer time too. All at a fraction of the cost of Rukka/Klim and other top end brands. Did well in a recent Ride magazine review too....:thumb2

Klim Hardanger or Rukka Saana? Both one pieces but much more likely to fit in your budget than buying separate top and bottoms from the same companies.

I can personally vouch for the Halvarssons Walkyr jacket(£499) and Wish trousers(£399), a 2 layer laminate suit. Had this 2 years now and it's seen some serious prolonged rain in that time, always keeping me perfectly dry.
Have a look on the Motolegends website to see what's available. There is a new suit by Richa, the Infinity Pro2 jacket£269) and matching Colorado 2 trousers(£229.99), which again is a 2 layer laminate suit. This seems to be a lot of suit for the money. Good luck with your search.

That’ll just about get you a decent Rukka jacket. :D

Ride did a review on kit last year. The Oxford stuff came out very highly rated.

And Motolegends have just got in some new Richa Infinity kit that is laminate goretex and very affordable - Chris doesn’t stock stuff unless it’s good - his review is here: https://www.motolegends.com/reviews/Richa-Infinity-2-Pro-Suit-Review

I think a full set of Richa kit for under £500, got to be worth a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lad's be careful using the brand name Goretex to describe all waterproof membranes........you might be misleading people.

from my G8 ThinQ

Lad's be careful using the brand name Goretex to describe all waterproof membranes........you might be misleading people.

from my G8 ThinQ

Fair point - the Oxford gear I mentioned does not utilise GoreTex, but instead uses their own Dry2Dry membrane. Apologies for any confusion caused. :thumb2

That new Richa suit isn't Goretex either.........but it's membrane is laminated. Looks like a great suit and seems to be cracking value.

Rev'it do a laminate suit that uses there own in-house membrane and it should come in well under your budget.

Rev'it Horizon 2

from my G8 ThinQ

If that £1000 is to cover just jacket & pants (and not helmet, boots & gloves as well), then I'd go with:

1. Oxford Mondial suit.
2. A second, less winter-focused suit - possibly mesh, or at least well-ventilated.
3. A waterproof jacket & pants to go over the mesh suit.

Laminate suits don't suit warm-weather riding, regardless of what Rukka fanboys claim...

Looking for a jacket and trousers for around £1k. Getting totally lost with it. Need something for all year round but won’t be planning on riding in really bad weather.

Any help really appreciated

Have looked at bmw rallye kit and also a few options from rev it

Why not consider buying used, you’ll have no problem getting what you want then. Plenty of used gear on here with the added benefit that you know you won’t get stitched up with something that isn’t as described.

I've just bought the Oxford Hinterland jacket -

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/481892

It seems a cracking bit of kit, even though so far I've only worn it indoors. Very light, fits very well even without adjusters (see the blurb), understated, and it's very flexible, none of the stiffness you usually get with new kit.

Pete

Attachments

• rsz_16507-zztm194401m-1--.jpg
    rsz_16507-zztm194401m-1--.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 591
It really depends on what you want it for.

Very waterproof usually means not well vented. Vented, not very waterproof.

Unless you really go top end you can't have both.

That looks to be a whole lot of jacket for €320. Do you know if the armour is from a third party brand (D30, forcefield etc etc) or is it Oxford in-house ??

Back
Top Bottom