RECOMEND A BATTERY FOR A 2005 R1200 GS PLEASE

(RIP) saggy0000

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please guys, I'm pigged off with my gs and battery's, I need ANOTHER new one, can anyone recommend a DECENT one please?? CERTAIN PEOPLE NEED NOT REPLY,(GEFF H) all I want is recommendations of honest people, in the know, not FUKWITS, that just add stupid coments,and hide behind a laptop, as they have had a few beers, and think its funny to take the piss???? any GOOD advice will be gratefully accepted, any FUCKWITS?need not reply 2005 r1200 gs thanx in advance S:thumby:

Last edited:
Motobatt or Odyssey

Both higher spec than the oem

Mottobatt is cheaper than the Odyssey

But the Odyssey, has more longevity , although ive not fitted mine - sold the bike lol

Th Motobatt i used to replace the OEM was good for near on two years, i only looked at replacing, as it got flustered once in the cold weather

All mine use Motobatt and it should last the best part of 5 years.

Please guys, I'm pigged off with my gs and battery's, I need ANOTHER new one, can anyone recommend a DECENT one please??

If you are burning through batteries at a fast rate, is there a reason for that?

Do you keep your bike on an intelligent charger when not in use?

I've been having a decent run on Motorwork's Exide batteries on my 2007 GSA over the years.

Agree with Greg, I would check the bike for electricity dispersion.
Do you have the original alarm on the bike? How cold/humid is the garage where you keep it? I started having "weak" batteries after moving the bikes to a new location (underground parking before that).
Optimate and Ctek to the rescue when the bike sees little/no use.

I've been having a decent run on Motorwork's Exide batteries on my 2007 GSA over the years.

Agree with Greg, I would check the bike for electricity dispersion.
Do you have the original alarm on the bike? How cold/humid is the garage where you keep it? I started having "weak" batteries after moving the bikes to a new location (underground parking before that).
Optimate and Ctek to the rescue when the bike sees little/no use.

Wot e said. The oem battery (Exide) on my 12RT is still ok after 6 years. It's kept in a lockup and on a trickle charger. I'll be buying an Exide replacement.

Wot e said. The oem battery (Exide) on my 12RT is still ok after 6 years. It's kept in a lockup and on a trickle charger. I'll be buying an Exide replacement.

Any battery will last substantially longer being kept on a trickle charger, than left to fend for it's self in the real world ;)

Now the battery in my wifes Nissan Primera, oem battery for over 10 years from when we bought it and that was a good few years old then lol.and that was never charged or pampered

Any battery will last substantially longer being kept on a trickle charger,

I started using the trickle charger just recently.
OEM/exide batteries will last years also with non intensive use (not riding the bike every single day).

After reading loads of threads on here I recently replaced mine with a Motobatt from Tayna Batteries.

The old battery had run completely flat and my trickle charger had given up the ghost. After a quick venture on to Youtube for a 'how to' I tried resurrecting the old battery and then decided I was wasting my time as it was more than 4 years old, so bought a new one. A bit of change out of £60 and quick delivery too. Replaced the mains lead on the trickle charger and that's working again too now.

Back
Top Bottom