Is this worth a punt at £2.5k

Magnon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's a R100S with what I believe is an RT fairing installed, speedo is showing 28k, general wear and tear supports indicated mileage.

Im told it starts but has a slight misfire at certain revs, which after being stood for 10 years it I guess understandable.

So what do you think gentlemen?

Attachments

• IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 980
  • IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 965
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 981
One more picture of lights extended

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 968
I agree with Andres,

Pop out spot's, jeez that's the equivalent of pop up head lights :bow

If you have the cash , space & time to do it then go for it ...

:)

Have it. It would be great to give kids rides round the village on.

Can't wait to see it Andy!!

It’s had a re spray at some point.... (no pin stripes) but other than that, it looks to have been well cared for.
love those pop-out spotlights ....I know they were a BMW add-on, but seem to be quite rare.

Buy it, ride it, and if you don’t like it, I’m sure you will get your money back if/when you sell it on.

Take care y’all
Bubb

Unless you've some other pressing need for your money then why not, life's too short to not enjoy these things if you can.

Hopefully I’ll be able to view it in daylight tomorrow.

Found a picture of the cockpit area.

Many thanks for the replies all very helpful especially pointing out the respray.

Attachments

• 22FEF7C1-72EF-4832-8E8A-DF423A521B57.jpeg
    22FEF7C1-72EF-4832-8E8A-DF423A521B57.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 786
You might find when you get it on the road that the gearbox has gummed its bearings to death over the last ten years but that wouldn't put me off. Get it rebuilt. It would be worth more put back to S spec. and the fairing that you take off is going to be really valuable in the near future when some of these horrible scrambler creations (I know there are some nice ones) are put back to standard. I suspect a lot of RS/RT fairings have been skipped in the last five years. Yours will be very desirable then.

Buy it. I would.

I'd definitely pass on it Andy, far to much money!!…………….but then again …………...I'm an idiot as I proved to you today!!! of course you should buy it!! Nice little project and a break from the gardening!!!

:aidan
I'd definitely pass on it Andy, far to much money!!…………….but then again …………...I'm an idiot as I proved to you today!!! of course you should buy it!! Nice little project and a break from the gardening!!!

Cheers Bill, information on your little motorcycling misdemeanour is safe with me, now what beer will you be dropping off:augie

If it is /was a S,the fork legs and bevel should be polished iirc
The one I have in my workshop at the mo has these parts polished

Just tell him to buy it Mikey, ;) that way we can have another thread on how you have restored it to it's former glory ;) :thumb

If it is /was a S,the fork legs and bevel should be polished iirc
The one I have in my workshop at the mo has these parts polished

Definitely not polished Mike, the frame and engine numbers match and show manufactured June 1978.

Anyone have any thoughts on what model it is if not an S ?

Havent been able to get my hands on the V5 yet.

P.S. I despair of photo system on here, sorry.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 341
  • image20.jpeg
    image20.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 321
  • image18.jpeg
    image18.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 321
  • image21.jpeg
    image21.jpeg