Can I see how a house was advertised in 2016?

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying to do this for a few days and I know some web pages are archived.

I'm hoping to buy a house. It's priced at X+Y. I can see in the property register that it was bought for X in 2016. I can't find any of the listings for the house sale from that time. I'd like to see pictures etc and make up my mind if the price of X+Y is worth it!

Is there any way of seeing old stuff? I'd be happy to pay ten or twenty euro for the privilege if that what it takes. My investigations have not revealed what I want so far. :nenau

Have a look at house prices on Zoopla. Some former sales details are archived (but by no means all).

I think I recall looking at the sales history of a property in Zoopla and being able to see the historical particulars. perhaps it depends in the agent deletes after the sale (I'm guessing here).

I've just checked. it - If you search on an address or a postcode it gives details of properties sold and some of the entries show the option to see the listing

I don't think they track fast updating pages like Zoopla, but sometimes the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine can be useful.

Tried the internet archive but no joy. All previous entries regarding the house have been deleted.

I have been able to check google street view for the three times it's been mapped. I can tell the front door was replaced!

yes, try Zoopla. The agent's particulars for the house I bought in 2014 are on there

I live in Dublin lads! I'll take a look but doubt it's there. It's certainly not on zoopla! I looked.

Does it make any difference what price it was in 2016? Surely it’s what it’s worth today is the is the important bit? JJH

It makes it easy to see if the seller bought it cheaply to flip on. Length of stay, increase over time etc Also what upgrades were done and shows the trend of the value and whether it is likely to gain more in the street. Or is it already at top value and / or overpriced and lend itself to not being a positive investment in the 5 to 10 year range. So yes..

Hi,

I've been trying to do this for a few days and I know some web pages are archived.

I'm hoping to buy a house. It's priced at X+Y. I can see in the property register that it was bought for X in 2016. I can't find any of the listings for the house sale from that time. I'd like to see pictures etc and make up my mind if the price of X+Y is worth it!

Is there any way of seeing old stuff? I'd be happy to pay ten or twenty euro for the privilege if that what it takes. My investigations have not revealed what I want so far. :nenau

whats the post code and number? lets see what we can find. Beats analysing COVID..

Does it make any difference what price it was in 2016? Surely it’s what it’s worth today is the is the important bit? JJH

I know the price. The property registar tells that. I want to see what it looked like back then.

Back
Top Bottom