Ronnie Kimmel

Great news. You can put the past behind you, all the best for the future

:beerjug:

Walkingpictures, I actually should have mentioned how much help the dogs have been in my recovery back to fitness :okay

Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery Ronnie - emptying whisky casks before getting paid to re-fill them :thumb.

You've had a near miss, take extra care - we don't want anything to happen to you (or your sense of humour).

All the very best to you and Christine.

Bob.

Don’t know you Ronno but your post here is something else. Well done you and Mrs Ronno. I came off the bike 13 years ago and did damage to the heid that wasn’t picked up by docs. I know how it feels so be proud of your success. This isn’t a dress rehearsal!

Go on to enjoy life to the full - but I guess you do so already! Great to read

Slainte

Jim

I'm almost back to normal (or as normal as I'll ever be I suppose). My sick line runs out on Friday and I've persuaded my GP that I'm fit to return to work. I've got holidays to take so I won't be back filling and pushing whisky casks until mid September.

I feel really good albeit lockdown and my injury conspired to turn me into a even fatter bastard than I was. I'm back cycling and can now manage 20 miles or so in the Angus glens area without needing an air ambulance so hopefully the weight will start dropping off

I've got to admit that it's been a tough 6 months and there were numerous times when I genuinely felt I wasn't getting better and feared that I wouldn't be able to return to work and that I'd perhaps reached the summit of my recovery. Things I previously took for granted like having a few drams and riding a bike were (I feared) a thing of the past. Thankfully, I was wrong but the road was long and painfully slow. I genuinely realise how lucky I've been having a brain trauma injury which hasn't left me any permanent impairment. I've still got slight numbness in my hands and feet but this doesn't effect my ability to do anything that I previously did.

A friend of mine was at his young neighbour's funeral last week. The poor guy fell downstairs at home but his guardian angel wasn't as good as mine it would seem. I have a really good one for which I am eternally grateful.

Its been a hard 6 months for my wife too but she's a total star and I couldn't have had better care.

Thanks again for the good wishes on here. It really means a lot and cheered me up greatly.

I can even enjoy a dram again

Slainte/Prost guys :beerjug:

Don’t know you Ronno but your post here is something else. Well done you and Mrs Ronno. I came off the bike 13 years ago and did damage to the heid that wasn’t picked up by docs. I know how it feels so be proud of your success. This isn’t a dress rehearsal!

Go on to enjoy life to the full - but I guess you do so already! Great to read

Slainte

Jim
Thanks for that Jim. Much appreciated. And thanks to everyone else for their kind words. I was expecting more "brain injury? What brain?" type comments TBH :beerjug:

Good Luck Ronno.

Well done for putting in the considerable effort to get where you are today.

I've had many a chuckle at your writings over the years.

Glad the hear your on the mend Ronno .
Salutary tales about stairs - - - as we are moving in a couple of weeks or so to a house with
Stairs :eek: ,,,,, now Mair worried about that than riding about on big motorbikes :D
All the best
SY

Salutary tales about stairs - - - as we are moving in a couple of weeks or so to a house with
Stairs :eek: ,,,,, now Mair worried about that than riding about on big motorbikes :D
All the best
SY

Sorted for you ...

Wonder what the 0 - 60 figures are? :D

All the best
SY
Cheers mate. Posh Pete beat me to it :beerjug:

Well done to getting better. :thumby:
Dont look back sometimes is a great idea
LOOK WHAT YER DOIN NEAR STAIRS always is :D

This just popped up on facebook,Ronnie.
Thought you might like it:

fd85753f04ca405ffcc71d6ea5513ef3.jpg

Jaysus! :eek: I'm only catching up in here.
Sorry to hear of this Ronno. Heal well mate.

Walkingpictures, I actually should have mentioned how much help the dogs have been in my recovery back to fitness :okay

I know the dogs would certainly feature in your recovery. :thumb
Take care of yourself. :beerjug:

Glad your well on the road to recovery Ronnie, I know what you've gone through, been there, still taking the pills 😇

My accident left me a weak left arm, a left elbow that doesn't fully straighten, reduced lung capacity, a dodgy memory and mood swings that are mostly controlled by the pills.

It took years rather than months to get to the "as good as it'll ever be" stage but only a year off the bike. Indeed getting back on the bike helped, particularly with the moods.

I know you won't be giving up but don't rush things and when SWMBO says slow down, do it, she can probably see your progress/regress better than you - wonder how I know 😇

All the best 👍

Thanks for your message of support (to everyone else too). I've been back at work now for 3 weeks. A phased return and next week I will have added an hour on to my day: finishing at 15:00. It'll be another 2 or 3 weeks before I'm back full time.

I'm a cask handler with Diageo (Johnnie Walker) and my strength has increased greatly since my return. Ive gone from literally being knackered pushing empty casks to pushing and spinning casks filled with 500l of whisky. Stupidly we were filling small casks (200l) yesterday which are obviously much smaller and lower to push. That extra bit of leaning much further forward has now floored me. I was bedded for 8pm last night and am still feeling dizzy and unwell this morning. Lesson learned. I may have felt back to normal (or almost) but clearly I am not.

Cheers :beerjug:

Body knows best Ronnie. Take it easy. This ain’t no dress rehearsal.

All the very best

Jim

Back
Top Bottom