Ronnie Kimmel

Great guy, and superb company heres to a speedy recovery ya mad fife/german hoor

Running low of Caol Ila ?
Good to hear you're slowly on the mend :ronno

Thanks. Believe it or not I'm now working for Diageo blending Johnnie Walker whisky and guess what one of their single malts is that we use?

Cheers mate but I think you're getting me mixed up with another Fife German hoor :D:beerjug:

What Ronnie isn't saying is they've just lost one of their lovely dogs....so sorry to hear this Ronnie....best wishes to you and Christine...I know how horrid this is...

Cheers Gerry. Aye, we lost Luy yesterday. I just remembered that he was my avatar photo when I logged on earlier. It's been a tough couple of days

Life can come along and hand out a good kicking from nowhere sometimes. Sorry to hear you have been on the receiving end of such a kicking Ronno.

Thanks for some really class humour on the forum and my avatar, I hope things start getting a lot better for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Cheers Gerry. Aye, we lost Luy yesterday. I just remembered that he was my avatar photo when I logged on earlier. It's been a tough couple of days

Always tough to lose a dog,looks like a GWP to me,am I right?

Hope you're doing ok in spite of all the shit

Best wishes

Kimbo

Yes.He was a GWP. Daft as a brush and very affectionate. We have 2 others: a 14 year old girl and an 18 month old boy. Cheers

I'm almost back to normal (or as normal as I'll ever be I suppose). My sick line runs out on Friday and I've persuaded my GP that I'm fit to return to work. I've got holidays to take so I won't be back filling and pushing whisky casks until mid September.

I feel really good albeit lockdown and my injury conspired to turn me into a even fatter bastard than I was. I'm back cycling and can now manage 20 miles or so in the Angus glens area without needing an air ambulance so hopefully the weight will start dropping off

I've got to admit that it's been a tough 6 months and there were numerous times when I genuinely felt I wasn't getting better and feared that I wouldn't be able to return to work and that I'd perhaps reached the summit of my recovery. Things I previously took for granted like having a few drams and riding a bike were (I feared) a thing of the past. Thankfully, I was wrong but the road was long and painfully slow. I genuinely realise how lucky I've been having a brain trauma injury which hasn't left me any permanent impairment. I've still got slight numbness in my hands and feet but this doesn't effect my ability to do anything that I previously did.

A friend of mine was at his young neighbour's funeral last week. The poor guy fell downstairs at home but his guardian angel wasn't as good as mine it would seem. I have a really good one for which I am eternally grateful.

Its been a hard 6 months for my wife too but she's a total star and I couldn't have had better care.

Thanks again for the good wishes on here. It really means a lot and cheered me up greatly.

I can even enjoy a dram again

Slainte/Prost guys :beerjug:

Good to hear your well on the mend.........normal? Vastly overrated. :beerjug:

Well done Ronnie, really good to hear you are somewhere near normal again.

:beerjug:

Fuck! I almost fell down the stairs when I read they’d given you a job in a distillery ! :blast

Good news! :thumb

I'm almost back to normal (or as normal as I'll ever be I suppose). My sick line runs out on Friday and I've persuaded my GP that I'm fit to return to work. I've got holidays to take so I won't be back filling and pushing whisky casks until mid September.

I feel really good albeit lockdown and my injury conspired to turn me into a even fatter bastard than I was. I'm back cycling and can now manage 20 miles or so in the Angus glens area without needing an air ambulance so hopefully the weight will start dropping off

I've got to admit that it's been a tough 6 months and there were numerous times when I genuinely felt I wasn't getting better and feared that I wouldn't be able to return to work and that I'd perhaps reached the summit of my recovery. Things I previously took for granted like having a few drams and riding a bike were (I feared) a thing of the past. Thankfully, I was wrong but the road was long and painfully slow. I genuinely realise how lucky I've been having a brain trauma injury which hasn't left me any permanent impairment. I've still got slight numbness in my hands and feet but this doesn't effect my ability to do anything that I previously did.

A friend of mine was at his young neighbour's funeral last week. The poor guy fell downstairs at home but his guardian angel wasn't as good as mine it would seem. I have a really good one for which I am eternally grateful.

Its been a hard 6 months for my wife too but she's a total star and I couldn't have had better care.

Thanks again for the good wishes on here. It really means a lot and cheered me up greatly.

I can even enjoy a dram again

Slainte/Prost guys :beerjug:

Great news - welcome back, whisky and bikes- - what’s not to like?

Back
Top Bottom