Strange times indeed!!

turpin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Out doing the weekly shopping today and came across this little gem!!

IMG_0132.jpgIMG_0131.jpg

What a beauty, a little worse for wear but not to bad?

Great to see it used and apparently quite a rare model.

Just needs a colour matched topbox:D

A guy i work with has one,

His has been restored from the ground up, It has a Black and Silver paint job, looks stunning.

Authenticity, they only came in white or black if memory serves.

Is it a Craven?

Judging by the extra bracing on the carrier it looks like it’s being used for some serious shopping!

Indeed!

Number plate is ace given that Tyr is a viking god of war :bow

Just checked that out Spike; good spot ; cheers:beerjug: I love bikes in good oily rag condition it gets me thinking about the stories behind them. Here's the Norse God.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200417-102259.jpg
    Screenshot_20200417-102259.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 466
I could be mistaken (wouldn't be the first time) but I'm sure there was a 4 cylinder Dragon Fly at the Ally Pally show years ago. Maybe an Allen Millyard creation?

I could be mistaken (wouldn't be the first time) but I'm sure there was a 4 cylinder Dragon Fly at the Ally Pally show years ago. Maybe an Allen Millyard creation?

Could have been a Goldwing with a Douglas badge on.:D:beerjug:

VW beetle engine?

It was a contemporary works prototype.

Talking of prototypes, I met a guy recently who was driving a unique car.

You may remember the Rover/MG 75s with a Ford V8 Mustang engine and rear wheel drive. This guy was driving a unique MG Estate with the Supercharged version of this engine fitted,. which belonged to a director of the ill-fated Phoenix group. When Autocar tested the standard vehicle, they said that the heat soak from the engine was almost too much for the air-conditioning to manage. Heavens knows what the supercharged version must be like.

Back
Top Bottom