BMW System 7 feedback

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have the thread re the Neotec 2 running and am also looking for a bit if feedback re the System 7... I like the idea of the open face conversion like my old System4 and it also seems a very competitive helmet for build, fit and comfort... I ride an RT and am not bothered about colours or comms systems, which most of the reviews seem to centre on these day...! I am purely looking for a bit of quality and comfort and as someone who uses an open face in the better weather, I like the ability to change...

I am presently using a C3 which has been great and very comfortable and an M1 which is quality but completely different in build and I don't get on with its padding, its aerodynamics for me especially that fxxking wing at the neck nape...:mad: So many helmets have this built in now to some degree and all I can see is it's there for the comms systems and having my head/ neck forced backwards slightly is not what I want or need...

So is it good or shite or somewhere in between...?:rolleyes:

Feedback much appreciated...:thumb

One thing which may affect your choice is the size - I am a 58/59 in the System 6 (and also in the C4 Pro) but I had to go to a 60/61 in the System 7. This means it has the larger shell and it is a big brute - it will not fit in the top box as the System 6 did. Other than that I have found it comfortable enough. Noisy - about the same as the C4 Pro which I do not find particularly quiet (road and engine noise, not wind). I've never taken the chin bar off as I prefer to keep my face as it is, so can't help you there I'm afraid.

I'm thinking of a neotec 2 or j cruise now... I've been reading the limited feedback on the s7 and it seems to be big shell, narrow cheeks fit... Tbh I've ridding plenty in open Face helmets for the last 20 years all year, on and off... Always thought it was mad until I tried it and the extra awareness and comfort + vision etc far outway the safety argument... 1st bit of safety is engaging the bit at the top of the helmet...👍

Back
Top Bottom