The ‘79 California Rebuild Thread

Ooooo, you're such a tease.

Just have no time during the week, will get to it over the weekend.

Nearly there though, it runs, roughly, but it runs. Choke cables are too tight so will need to look at separate levers on each carb, then get a rough adjustment and balance so I can run it in and get everything settled down and re-torqued.

Did anyone spot the schoolboy error on the clocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's going to be one fabulous bike Nin, and one of, if not the best UKGSER restorations, by a non professional restorer.

It's going to be one fabulous bike Nin, and one of, if not the best UKGSER restorations, by a non professional restorer.

You’re very kind. I aspire to be non-professional, but nowhere near that yet.

Watch out for the next one ...

This pleases me a lot.

f3b5ae401fce3f9b3c19ddc8e60fba80.jpg

And dare I say, it’s beginning to look iconic.

Just a quick carb fettle and we’re there.

953bdb870d7428e89abf232683d1351a.jpg
f98671bdbfdf69d54a60b5937d5657a0.jpg

It's looking glorious. Well done that man. Can't wait to see the final full pics, and to listen to it of course.

Sound.
<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cVf_HmO43Lc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So we’re officially no longer a rebuild thread.

Everything apart from the screen is on now, and I’ve been around the block on it twice. It needs the head re-torque, and valve clearances done again, but we’re there now.

Gearchange is really easy and crisp, clutch is perfect, suspension spot on and brakes are nice and sharp with good feel. There’s no slack in the drive and it picks up really really well.

Got to say I’m really going to enjoy this one. I’ll stick up a few pics when the screen and boxes go on so you can all see the finished article.

b3396e313d83197671c5e795f55fe526.jpg

That really does look quite remarkable Nin, lovely, what a superb job you've done. I'll look forward to some proper photos as it hard to see the flake in the paint, I bet it looks lovely though :)

A coupe of things, did you go with the funky headlight in the end, if so wha's it like? Handlebar grips; sorry but they really need to be Guzzi 'waffle' grips. They look 'right' but are also supremely comfy :thumb2

Andres

Thanks chaps.

Yes it still has the led headlight, which I like. All the other bulbs on the bike are led so it sort of fits in.

I’ve got big hands (ooer) so I always put those foam grip things on.

I’m sure it will evolve over coming months.

Back
Top Bottom