Cagiva Elefant 900ie

2 steps forward 1 back. I think that describes most projects.

I’ve been side tracked by a 990 that was left to me, it needed a bit of a clean up and servicing but all done now so back to the elefant

Attachments

• 73334C4D-EC2D-4217-8675-6AD13F459FA6.jpg
    73334C4D-EC2D-4217-8675-6AD13F459FA6.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 511
  • 5EA65D89-2B15-41D8-B6B8-54DEB097EF1A.jpg
    5EA65D89-2B15-41D8-B6B8-54DEB097EF1A.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 466
I haven’t sadly done a lot I’ve been back to work a bit and some days lack motivation :blast
I’ve put the airbox on along with a new battery and thought I d like to hear it running again but for some reason now the fuel pump has stopped working. I’m sure it came on as soon as the ignition was switched on but now it does nothing. I’ve connected it directly to the battery and the pump is fine. I’ve swapped the relay with another identical one and no change.
I’ve hardly done anything to the bike to warrant it not working but something is amiss. I’ve had apart more or less every electrical connection and cleaned a sprayed them , the dash lights and everything thing else appears to be working it’s just no juice to the pump. :comfort
Any ideas ?

Attachments

• C0056A2D-2D60-434C-9351-D29162F62959.jpg
    C0056A2D-2D60-434C-9351-D29162F62959.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 455
  • 5817B2C6-D855-40C6-867E-8583FDDD705C.jpg
    5817B2C6-D855-40C6-867E-8583FDDD705C.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 16511F94-601C-4D88-B0E6-3778A6FA1699.jpg
    16511F94-601C-4D88-B0E6-3778A6FA1699.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 444
  • 79506F37-7297-48E1-A89C-EC5A37D3E330.jpg
    79506F37-7297-48E1-A89C-EC5A37D3E330.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 426
Some of those wires in the 3rd pic, the ones into the relay blocks look like they’ve been overheating. Dry solder joint somewhere?

Now it’s not sparking as well as fuel pump not working.:blast

At the moment I really can’t be arsed poking it about any longer, I’ve had enough so I’ve put it back together and put it on eBay . I’m going back to work unexpectedly on Monday so will not be getting the time even if I had the enthusiasm. Shame as I would have at least of ridden it for a while. If it doesn’t sell I’ll store it as I’ve had enough. The towel has been thrown in one round 2 at least I got it started and have video proof :D

Onwards and upwards

Attachments

• F20DA651-2A69-42A1-919F-0D4BA44399F7.jpg
    F20DA651-2A69-42A1-919F-0D4BA44399F7.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 447
  • C730DDEF-A475-4739-9B80-6DF12C8092D9.jpg
    C730DDEF-A475-4739-9B80-6DF12C8092D9.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 453
  • EF783B29-60FB-4DAB-9BC4-ABF19644B460.jpg
    EF783B29-60FB-4DAB-9BC4-ABF19644B460.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 452
awwwwww....I was looking forward to seeing this through...

(no I don't want to buy it and I don't blame you....:okay)

Can’t you hang on until I’ve finished the Guzzi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

awwwwww....I was looking forward to seeing this through...

(no I don't want to buy it and I don't blame you....:okay)
yes im genuinely sad about it too but at the end of the day it is only a " thing " . a very nice thing but it was making me short tempered when thing weren't going right and it needs more than I can give at the moment. :tears

Can’t you hang on until I’ve finished the Guzzi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you can hang on to it till the Guzzi is done if you like :D

replied :thumb

Don’t blame you

:D:thumb

if im honest the bike needs more skills than ive got. if I cant even get a fuel pump working a full rebuild is realistically out of the question. I don't have the patience :comfort

yes im genuinely sad about it too but at the end of the day it is only a " thing " . a very nice thing but it was making me short tempered when thing weren't going right and it needs more than I can give at the moment. :tears

you can hang on to it till the Guzzi is done if you like :D

replied :thumb

:D:thumb

if im honest the bike needs more skills than ive got. if I cant even get a fuel pump working a full rebuild is realistically out of the question. I don't have the patience :comfort

Wise man
Quit before you get too far in
That bike has had a lifetime of neglect and you will end up losing your shirt
It’s never going to be worth the time, money and labour you put into it

Wise man

It’s never going to be worth the time, money and labour you put into it

It will be to the person who sorts it and then uses it.
The feeling of bringing a "dead duck" back to life is priceless, likewise the pleasure of putting it into regular use.

It is, of course, a quite different story if the person can't do all or most of it themselves.

It will be to the person who sorts it and then uses it.
The feeling of bringing a "dead duck" back to life is priceless, likewise the pleasure of putting it into regular use.

It is, of course, a quite different story if the person can't do all or most of it themselves.

That bike looks like it’s been dredged up though

It’ll take quite a lot of work to ‘restore’ if one is so inclined

Having restored a few bikes over the years, I would sooner be riding nowadays

Each to their own though

Life is too short for costly basket cases, for me

A friend of mine (and the other Paul G’s) is into his Elefants. How much do you want for it, and I’ll give him a shout next week?

That's a really tasty Bike even though its tatty

A lash of ACF50 about that motor will do a world of good and present it in a better light

AS far as it goes I would give that a wipe with an oily rag once I was sure it was mechanically/electrically sound and annoy the hell out of the garage queen brigade

Linky to sale

A friend of mine (and the other Paul G’s) is into his Elefants. How much do you want for it, and I’ll give him a shout next week?

£4800 is the BIN :beerjug:

That's a really tasty Bike even though its tatty

A lash of ACF50 about that motor will do a world of good and present it in a better light

AS far as it goes I would give that a wipe with an oily rag once I was sure it was mechanically/electrically sound and annoy the hell out of the garage queen brigade

Linky to sale

That was the intention to oily rag it but I expect it to sell now as lots of messages and good offers . I think money put into it will be returned as they are very desirable and do fetch very good money.

If someone wants one it could be actually be years before you see another around this price. :thumb2

I feel your pain. I had an air cooled Multistrada that was impossible to start hot, the plug test, done cold, showed no discernible spark so it shouldn’t really have started at all! And when I stopped for fuel it wouldn’t and I’d have to wait 10 mins for it to cool down. A local Ducati expert tested everything and couldn’t find a fault. I traded it in for a VFR- seemed like a safe choice and it was.

I feel your pain. I had an air cooled Multistrada that was impossible to start hot, the plug test, done cold, showed no discernible spark so it shouldn’t really have started at all! And when I stopped for fuel it wouldn’t and I’d have to wait 10 mins for it to cool down. A local Ducati expert tested everything and couldn’t find a fault. I traded it in for a VFR- seemed like a safe choice and it was.

sounds like a typical latin love affair .very up and down.though to be fair I know a lot of people are very happy with their Ducatis .

anyhow the Elefant has gone to Nottingham so you ol east midland boys may well see it about. very happy to see it go to a mere whipper~snapper of 29 who's owned a Cagiva Elefant 125 since he was 15 ! he loves his bikes and has wanted one for ages, so really happy about that. he plans to do the basics keep it as original as possible and get it on the road asap. (that sounds remarkably similar to my intensions:D)

shame I never got to ride it myself or give you a decent rebuild thread but hey ho im glad its gone now it has, no more dithering .:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom