Dalsnibba, Norway

ThorH

Reaction score
If you are coming to Norway this summer, chances are that you are going to Geiranger? They have the worst tourist trap in the country, next to the parking lot at the North Cape – the Dalsnibba mountain road. Bikers have been thoroughly pissed of by their car price toll.

So the relative good news is that a biker has persuaded them to at least give us some discount in 2020 – Down from NOK 170,- to 120,- per bike. Still way too expensive just to ride up a mountain road IMO, but such is the way of tourists. Snag: For some reason you have to prebook the ticket at the website below, using the discount code MCDALSNIBBA2020.

As the NOK has followed the oil prices on yet another dive, you guys will no doubt find Norway to be cheap as f these days. Or at least not up to its bad rep. You might even be able to shrug off a speeding ticket. (OK, not that cheap, but...) A pint will still set you back like seven bob, and I guess it will not be that much less in Covent Garden? And the gas prices are really low these days.

So welcome, if the world turns normal this summer.

https://www.dalsnibba.no/en/

Cheers Thor. :thumb Did north cape in 2013. Next year for a return but minus Nord Kaap, I think.

Good info!
Had to look up exchange rates to keep myself amused - £9.29 as of today. And a good looking road too.

Seven ‘quid’, not ‘bob’ - bob was the colloquial term for the pre decimalisation ‘shilling’ , there was 20 bob to 1 pound :)

A seven bob pint would be very cheap these days - a 7 quid pint is still rather expensive :)

Thanks for the education. I am sorry, but Norway will never be a really cheap place to drink beer.

Seven ‘quid’, not ‘bob’ - bob was the colloquial term for the pre decimalisation ‘shilling’ , there was 20 bob to 1 pound :)

A seven bob pint would be very cheap these days - a 7 quid pint is still rather expensive :)

That's how much a pint cost me there in 2002!

Back
Top Bottom