Armchair Adventure Festival - This Saturday - April 25th 2020

Stan H

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just found out about a free virtual Adventure Festival with voluntary charity donations this Saturday, 25th April 2020. :thumb2

They've got a great line up of Adventure riders, could be well worth a look over a :beer: for those who are missing out on their own adventures.... for now...:blast

See the organisers blurb below..

https://armchairadventurefestival.com

------------------------------

Welcome - Get ready to sit back and adventure!

The Armchair Adventure Festival is the first ever virtual adventure festival. On the 25th of April, we will be bringing the most inspiring and interesting adventure talks from around the world straight to your armchair. With talks from top adventurers, panel discussions and workshops on all kinds of adventurous topics and some of the most exciting adventure films out there, it will be an event to remember. All you have to do to watch is sign up using the form below and then keep an eye on your emails.

The Armchair Adventure Festival is completely free. We recognise that at such a difficult time money can be tight so there is no fee to attend. All we ask is that, if you can, please make a voluntary donation to the NHS Charities Together fund to aid the fight against COVID-19.

25TH-APRIL-2020.png

25TH-APRIL-2020-1-600x600.png

https://armchairadventurefestival.com

UPDATE Armchair Adventure Festival now EXTENDED (Fri 24th - Sun26th)

Wow things move quickly when they're virtual :confused: ..... I've just received an update from the organisers (below) they've only gone and extended the Festival... its now over 3 days :camping

For anyone interested you'll need to register using the link below :type, I'll attach the full event schedule too :thumb

ps Remember the event is free, but its in support of NHS Charities Together :cool:

Update just in (below)......

============

Here it is! The schedule for The Armchair Adventure Festival is confirmed! The event has got so big that we have had to use the entire weekend! Meaning that we will now be live in your living room from 24th - 26th April!! All times displayed are in UK time!
It's a ridiculously cool line up with some of the most well known adventurers in the world on the list.
We will kick of on the Friday evening with a live Q&A session with Steph Jeavons before live presentations from Jamie Ramsay and BILLY WARD.

Then Saturday will be kicked off by the incredible Simon and Lisa Thomas (2ridetheworld) who will be followed by 10 hours of adventure talks, panel chats and interviews with:
Candida Louis, Chaz Powell - The Wildest Journey, Sam Manicom, Graham Hoskins, Olie Hunter Smart, Ted Simon, Spencer James Conway & Cathy Nel, Nathan Millward, Elspeth Beard, Kinging-It, Notiers Frontiers, Natalia Cohen - live with MAGIC, Tiffany Coates, Claudio von Planta and Charley Boorman

Then the evening will be capped off with The Sidecar Guy's Big Fat Quiz of Adventure with some great prizes to be won courtesy of The Overland Event, Overland Expo, TRAVERSE and others!
Then after a whirlwind Friday and Saturday of adventure we will be chilling out with a Sunday night film night with Adventure Travel Film Festival!

We will be screening the incredible 'Road to Independence' a film by Olie Hunter Smart and associate producer Austin Vince!
Remember it's all in aid of NHS Charities Together and we've already smashed past our already adjusted target of £2,000!!
It's going to be one hell of a weekend! So find your comfiest seat, sign up via the website and sit back and adventure!!

https://armchairadventurefestival.com/

The event will take place in a private part of The Armchair Adventure website and all those who have signed up will receive joining instructions on Friday morning.

94210708_1121633044836630_1972125338804682752_o.png

94199437_1121633081503293_4410806145975844864_o.png

94143898_1121633148169953_3353926466659155968_o.png

94092730_1121633518169916_604664054484566016_o.png

94030922_1121633564836578_6780947564389728256_o.png

Watched until Kenny’s mate came on a the end , found him a bit of a berk. Im setting my alarm for 4 pm today Nathan and his postie bike. I have listened to him at the HUBB, his dry humour is entertaining.

Steve

Ps the 23 year old lads experience of ROW was humbling, not only in his drive to do it, but his maturity in handling issues along the way

Watched until Kenny’s mate came on a the end , found him a bit of a berk. Im setting my alarm for 4 pm today Nathan and his postie bike. I have listened to him at the HUBB, his dry humour is entertaining.

Steve

Ps the 23 year old lads experience of ROW was humbling, not only in his drive to do it, but his maturity in handling issues along the way

Elspeth Beard is on after Nathan.
Recently read her book. Quite a lady.

Didn’t know what to expect myself, considering this festival was built from literally nothing a fortnight ago.... I’m bloom’in stunned with what and who they’ve pulled together so far.... #Respect :bow

Steph Jeavons stood out for me yesterday, I met one of the other riders who was going with her on the Everest base camp ride last year, great to hear that part of the story. Yeah the last speaker yesterday was like marmite, his style wasn’t for me, but others seemed to like him.... so shows what I know.

Simon and Lisa Thomas were awesome this morning, I missed their talk at last years ABR festival, ‘room rammed to capacity’... not a problem today

Looking forward to seeing a few speakers this afternoon and evening

.... The feeds are now on YouTube and open to all, including a replay of yesterday’s event too :thumb2
(Replays should be available for about a week, before they’re taken down)

Sam Manicom Q&A with Graham Hoskins on the live feed now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClN4eRpnidZ7n9rHhjfWJgw

Didn’t know what to expect myself, considering this festival was built from literally nothing a fortnight ago.... I’m bloom’in stunned with what and who they’ve pulled together so far.... #Respect :bow

Steph Jeavons stood out for me yesterday, I met one of the other riders who was going with her on the Everest base camp ride last year, great to hear that part of the story. Yeah the last speaker yesterday was like marmite, his style wasn’t for me, but others seemed to like him.... so shows what I know.

Simon and Lisa Thomas were awesome this morning, I missed their talk at last years ABR festival, ‘room rammed to capacity’... not a problem today

Looking forward to seeing a few speakers this afternoon and evening

.... The feeds are now on YouTube and open to all, including a replay of yesterday’s event too :thumb2
(Replays should be available for about a week, before they’re taken down)

Sam Manicom Q&A with Graham Hoskins on the live feed now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClN4eRpnidZ7n9rHhjfWJgw

Yup,thanks for flagging up !!

I’m watching Sam Manicom right now and looking forward to Elspeth later.

You’re very welcome, really looking forward to Elspeth and others... enjoy!

Claudio Von Planta on now .
Very humbling . His wife is dying of moto neurone disease and is totally paralysed . He says he’s been on lockdown a while !!

Everyone’s fav, Charley B on at 2000

Yes, very entertaining, Claudio's interview was very deep regarding his Mrs, I was a little surprised at Billy's line of questioning, being a friend and presuming that he knew his Mrs was ill, unless it was not known to him. Makes you realise how lucky we are. I've seen most of the other presenters all interesting but found it a joy to listen to tales of non motorcycle travellers, a breath of fresh air to the program. Nathan was pretty good with his down to earth look at the trends in motorcycling too.

Yes, very entertaining, Claudio's interview was very deep regarding his Mrs, I was a little surprised at Billy's line of questioning, being a friend and presuming that he knew his Mrs was ill, unless it was not known to him. Makes you realise how lucky we are. I've seen most of the other presenters all interesting but found it a joy to listen to tales of non motorcycle travellers, a breath of fresh air to the program. Nathan was pretty good with his down to earth look at the trends in motorcycling too.

Nathan and Claudio highlights for me.
Graham H was a bit insensitive asking Elspeth what happened when she fell in love as the guy she was with decided to make out he had met someone else when they moved back to UK/Holland, so she could move on .They had no contact for many years and then he died a few years back .He sent Elspeth a card for her to go see him but he died before she got it.Very sad and I think she never got over him.

Geography isn't the sidecar guys strong point lol

The big quiz, :thumb2

if they ever advertise for friends to join them on trip down route 66 :bow :blast

A couple more guest speakers this evening.

📣📣TWO BONUS SPEAKERS FOR TONIGHT📣📣
1. Chef Kiran Jethwa (A.K.A. the worlds most adventurous chef)
2. Inge Solheim (A.K.A. The guy who guided Prince Harry's Walking with the Wounded team to the poles)!

A couple more guest speakers this evening.

TWO BONUS SPEAKERS FOR TONIGHT
1. Chef Kiran Jethwa (A.K.A. the worlds most adventurous chef)
2. Inge Solheim (A.K.A. The guy who guided Prince Harry's Walking with the Wounded team to the poles)!

Yup, tonight :

cd8a4a236caf9f11b4f43c503e6b5bd1.jpg

f09c9134131d70c2bb7ca7955e47227c.jpg

a0189a4b3d63d89acc2ecfcd2a3faa33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom