Insurance renewal time

Dermott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's that time of the year again, Principal renewal quote up by 20%.
Is their any alternative for elderly bike and rider nearly that, less than 5K use?

Carole Nash is an alternative but to be honest I have found Principal to be a better option for the last few years, Carole Nash were not within an ass's roar.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Carole Nash is an alternative but to be honest I have found Principal to be a better option for the last few years, Carole Nash were not within an ass's roar.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

What does an "ass's roar" sound like?

Tried CN this morning, not in the ball park to hear the ass roar, but Principal replied to my email as to why the 20% rise and dropped to just under 10% rise.

Had my renewal for the multi, Devitt wanted £411. Tried Ducati Insurance same deal £221. No brainier really.

Do you not get a really good price due to your advanced years :p

Moved from CN to Principle a couple of years ago for a more competitive price. Have no complaints but then again I haven’t had a claim. Found it really quick & easy to add or change bikes

I renewed with Principal last month.......premium increased by about 20% but that was mostly because of a newer, dearer bike I think.

I also notice that they don't have cover for riding gear anymore (it used to be an add - on for €50)

I didn't ring around because I find them very pleasant to deal with.

from my G8 ThinQ

I renewed with Principal last month.......premium increased by about 20% but that was mostly because of a newer, dearer bike I think.

I also notice that they don't have cover for riding gear anymore (it used to be an add - on for €50)

I didn't ring around because I find them very pleasant to deal with.

from my G8 ThinQ

I like them too. Oddly, my insurance dropped by nearly 150 euro to 271 fully comp. Now, I know I've a 2007 reg but still, massive drop. Bit their hand off to take it at the end of January.

I like them too. Oddly, my insurance dropped by nearly 150 euro to 271 fully comp. Now, I know I've a 2007 reg but still, massive drop. Bit their hand off to take it at the end of January.
I think the Crosstourer being 1237cc might have popped into a higher bracket as well.

Maybe the DCT has a loading also.....

I'm just trying to justify the jump to nearly 400, since I started with them it was always 200 and something or other.

Now, I did also have a full fault, full loss claim a couple of years back, that might be starting to nibble at my premium as well.

Lovely, lovely company to deal with on the phone.......especially that Shannen girl.

from my G8 ThinQ

It's that time of the year again....
Is their any alternative......

To you getting up of the couch and ringing round? No

Anyway, up by ‘about’ (whatever that means) 20% on five pounds two shillings and sixpence is feck all.

Dermot is in Ireland.... Bemoto and Hastings Direct don't operate in Ireland.

Probably only Carol Nash, Liberty and Principle to choose from but I could be wrong, it seems to be changing every year.

from my G8 ThinQ

Dermot is in Ireland.... Bemoto and Hastings Direct don't operate in Ireland.

Probably only Carol Nash, Liberty and Principle to choose from but I could be wrong, it seems to be changing every year.

from my G8 ThinQ

Ah OK

Sorry

Principal and CN both underwritten by AXA, not sure of any other choices. To be fair, the numbers are quite small, its just the "principal" of hiking up the premium without challenging, and maybe too much time to spare:thumby:

When AXA became the underwriter......prices where always going to creep up.

I'm tempted to give Liberty a try next year (they offered 10% if I have car & bike with them, that would save €100 on my car alone) but I think the level of personal service you get from Principal will not be matched.

from my G8 ThinQ

Back
Top Bottom