Insurance Time

Bluemooner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, it’s coming to that time of year again when the dreaded insurance is due in the next few weeks :eek: I’ve been riding bikes since 1978 ( with a few years off for the usual reasons, mortgage & kids). For the last 12 years I’ve either been with Bennetts or Carol Nash (currently Bennetts) but have just had my renewal through the post, and surprise surprise, the bloody policy has gone up again! :eek: I’m on full no claims bonus and just wanted to get a few ideas as to where other people insure their bikes and experiences should the worst come to the worst.

My bike has been valued at £15,250 and my insurance quote from Bennetts has gone up this year by £94.

There must be some better quality insurers out there, that offer full European cover as well as UK, together with Hemet and Leather cover. (The European cover is important to me as I do a minimum 2 week tour every year)

Any suggestions would be welcome

Cheers :beerjug:

Andy

Bemoto, I moved to them from CN earlier this month. Quality insurer, good cover, and price was right. Have a look at the Insurance forum for further info

I am in the same position re wanting euro cover but I'm not sure if it is still possible to get ADAC cover/a n other cover for breakdown, this would open up the possibilities tremendously.

Having said that I have just renewed with CN as the price was not a lot different from last year

Wouldn't extinguish Bennets if they were alight....

I’ve just come off phone with Bennetts, they have said they will offer me a loyalty customer rate and match last years quotation. It’s amazing what a phone call will do, it never pays to automatically let your insurance renew. I shall visit CN & Bemoto websites and see what they can offer, before making a decision.

I went with bemoto after carole nash tried to sodomise me, they were a little more expensive but mid term adjustments are zero usually, so good if you have a fleet of bikes and want to chop and change betwixt.

I’ve just come off phone with Bennetts, they have said they will offer me a loyalty customer rate and match last years quotation. It’s amazing what a phone call will do, it never pays to automatically let your insurance renew. I shall visit CN & Bemoto websites and see what they can offer, before making a decision.

Really pi**es me off that brokers rely on phone back, to magically drop their price. They knew you'd been with them for "x" years, so why not offer the loyalty discount in their original renewal offer?
I didn't offer CN a second chance, had I done so & they'd dropped to get in same ballpark as my alternative, then they would have lost all credibility in my view
By all means get alternatives, at least that will show if current provider is in the market ballpark, or not. I do hope Bennetts don't get a 3rd chance, if you do get a worthwhile alternative

Renewed mine for the GSA yesterday. Renewal quote from Hastings was £184, an increase of almost £70 from last year. Comparethemarket.com came up with a cheapest quote of £110 with, of course, Hastings. A 20 minute phone call with an incredibly helpful young man and the on-line price was honoured.

Have you tried the bike insurer comparison site? Also Martin Lewis says the cheapest time to get a quote if you're changing insurer is 28 days before your current policy expires.

Really pi**es me off that brokers rely on phone back, to magically drop their price. They knew you'd been with them for "x" years, so why not offer the loyalty discount in their original renewal offer?
I didn't offer CN a second chance, had I done so & they'd dropped to get in same ballpark as my alternative, then they would have lost all credibility in my view
By all means get alternatives, at least that will show if current provider is in the market ballpark, or not. I do hope Bennetts don't get a 3rd chance, if you do get a worthwhile alternative

I’ve tried CN and they were £102 more expensive ( cannot understand how these prices are arrived at) :nenau. I told the person immediately that they were way off the mark and they asked me what my best quote was And who it was with. I asked what difference that makes, and was told that there might be some movement on the price supplied but no guarantees that a price match could be obtained. I’ve also tried Bemoto as advised above, they were spookily almost exactly the same price as Bennetts with less than 70p difference!!

Andy

Renewed mine for the GSA yesterday. Renewal quote from Hastings was £184, an increase of almost £70 from last year. Comparethemarket.com came up with a cheapest quote of £110 with, of course, Hastings. A 20 minute phone call with an incredibly helpful young man and the on-line price was honoured.

Nice one Timaloy, I’ll try Hastings as well then mate :thumb

ps. I notice you’re in Lincoln, so when this virus has buggered off, if you fancy a rideout shout out :thumb

Cheers

Andy

Mine is due in a few days- Bennetts have increased last years premium making mce cheaper but with a far higher excess. Did try bemoto but they never rang me back so might just stay with bennetts if they come down slightly as its easier and they have the lower excess.

Mine is due in a few days- Bennetts have increased last years premium making mce cheaper but with a far higher excess. Did try bemoto but they never rang me back so might just stay with bennetts if they come down slightly as its easier and they have the lower excess.

That’s the exact reason why I’ve decided to stay with Bennetts, simply cos the compulsory excess is only £300 whereas Bemoto was £700

That’s the exact reason why I’ve decided to stay with Bennetts, simply cos the compulsory excess is only £300 whereas Bemoto was £700

Great that you've got confirmation that your current provider offered a good deal, now you know

Back
Top Bottom