Scotland tour from Alpentourer

Wapping

Reaction score
This from their 1/2016 edition

c0a889529d3dcd27410c0099c4661156.plist

Download the GPS route here:

https://www.alpentourer.eu/alpentourer-tourentipps/gps-1601/

An alternative, from Alpentourer 3/2020 edition. Again, you can download the gps route from the magazine’s website.

6388bfddef783ca4ecbcce9389c55110.plist

I'm not sure if it's ever been mentioned to those who haven't been up here but Scotland isn't just a quick nip round and back for lunch size place, a 150 run could take you easily 4 or 5 hours depending on where you go, not quite in the same category as an 8 hour 150 mile day in the Alps but you get my drift :thumb2

Rather like France, it’s a big place. I do wonder sometimes if some bods look at the routes and think, I’ll ride that tomorrow. They’ll be in for a large surprise if they do.

There was a fellow from Norfolk I think it was, who wanted a no mototorway route, little twisty roads, all the way up to very much well beyond the borders but had in mind doing it in not much over a morning to mid-afternoon. The only way I could find to explain just how far it was, was to ask him if he rode from home to Penzance, would he expect to do it in a morning, using minor roads only? Only then did the penny drop.

An alternative, from Alpentourer 3/2020 edition. Again, you can download the gps route from the magazine’s website.

6388bfddef783ca4ecbcce9389c55110.plist

This one misses out probably the best part of Scotland, around the North West. Not one I would be using if I was visiting Scotland for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha, the old “They have missed the best bit” thing. It’s a free suggestion, not the crown jewels that you have queued in the sun for three hours to see, after spending £35 on a ticket. Does the first one get stamp of approval? If it doesn’t, you have a perfect chance to tell UKGSer’land where they should have gone. A gps file, some pictures and a route plan will do it. The spotlight’s away from James Brown and now on you....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ABgvMrdhvRk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:beerjug:

2 good routes there, take time to enjoy either of them plus little side roads, villages, beaches, pubs and you'd have a good trip. No point in trying to "do" Scotland in a day or two.

Some good routes on their wapping , I store a lot of what you post up as routes, them tweak them if need be to suit myself. Wether it’s missed the best bits off or not is irrelevant to me. Thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom