2010 FLHTCU ABS breaking system.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It has been a long while since the abs braking system kicked in, maybe because I make less mistakes.
But, when applying the brakes, the stopping power feels limited albeit works for such a heavy beast and rider alike.

Now 10 years old, is it worth the upgrade to Goodridge stainless hoses or will it show no discernible difference until abs activates?

Also, if changing out the brake lines myself, would I still need to go to a dealer to have the abs system re-calibrated?

Thanks.

Patria o Muerte

I've no idea about re-calibration, but SS hoses on my old Evo Road King made a MASSIVE difference in stopping power, and I see no reason why yours would be any different...

SS lines will inevitably feel more firm than old OE, so a change seems like a good idea.

After the great brake debacle, I understood HD recommended that all ABS systems are serviced using Digitaltech, every 2 years. This includes cycling clean fluid through the ABS pump, which isn't feasible with traditional brake bleeding methods. Some bikes have a cheat method, but I have yet to learn of one for the ABS HD models?

Are the discs glazed, surface ground mine and made a big difference.

My Evo RK with braided lines had better stopping power than my 1150GSA, which amazed me. UNTIL a mechanic replaced the EBC pads the RK was sporting with OEM Harley ones, then it became markedly worse. So pads make a HUGE difference, alongside the hoses. I suspect something ain't quite right if your RK is wayyyy off your GS.

Back
Top Bottom