276cx importing shaping points??? - open street Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ileumi

Reaction score
Hey!

New navigator, new problems....

Whats this?

1. I draw route by using mapsource or basecamp.

2. I sent route to navigator, everythings fine.

3. When I open route, and pick up "start navigate route" , GPS goes to mode "importing shaping points%". This calculating take a LONG TIME even route is short...

In navigator I use OSM-routable maps.

Good ideas?

-Ike-

Do you get the same message and long delay if you use up-to-date Garmin maps in your 276cx, instead of Open Street routable maps?

Navigator is brand new, and it inclusive some "dummy" maps.. Something like "worldwide DEM basecamp" and "receration Map of europe" and birds eye maps... I understand those maps are not routable.

So answer you question, I dont have up-date those maps.

This is propably solved...

In baseCamp I use old CityNavigator V9 map and I think that wont work with osm. So, I connect GPS to PC and make route straight in GPS-OSM map. Now calculating takes about 1 second

I use city navigator maps on my 276cx
If you use the same map from the 276cx in base camp you will still get the "importing shaping points" displayed
But it will be only seconds to sort the route even if it's a few hundred miles...Then it will follow the imported route perfectly
You don't need to put many points in with the 276cx...I use less than 10 normally for a fairly complex 200 mile route
That's the beauty of the 276cx you will get exactly what you have planned in base camp as long as the maps are the same

That's the beauty of the 276cx you will get exactly what you have planned in base camp as long as the maps are the same

Yep... Today I drive first terraintest with 276cx. And as you say it will not make own conclusion. In this time I use two layer maps. OSM routable maps and Finnish topo-terrain map.

What elese... Screen is very high resolution and pushbuttons are much better than touchscreen. Only what I like be better, is buttons that should belong left side.

Hope this GPS work fine. My previously GPS was Zumo 345 and it was 100% bullshit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom