BMW Service Support, Online Shop and Sales Enquiries during COVID-19

oddjob

Reaction score
I'd anticipate BMW Motorrad (UK) HQ have made a group policy decision and provided a broad "suggested directive" to all their dealerships. :nenau

https://mailchi.mp/81229659a27b/service-support-online-shop-and-sales-enquiries-during-covid-19?e=f0a501ffdc

However, I'd suggest you may wish to check with your incumbent dealership for their "interpretation" of group policy and procedures. :augie :rolleyes:

Due to a 3,000 miles euro road trip tour last October, I exceeded the service due mileage by 500 miles and I was severely castigated by Williams Manchester! :augie :rolleyes:

Moreover, I'd anticipate the link will become invalid in due course, consequently for the sake of good order and completeness, here's the email I received yesterday:

From: Bahnstormer BMW [mailto:customer.service@bahnstormer.co.uk]
Sent: 27 April 2020 13:21
To: ##############.org.uk
Subject: Service Support, Online Shop and Sales Enquiries during COVID-19

SERVICE AVAILABILITY

Both of our BMW Motorrad Centres have been offering servicing and technical support throughout the pandemic to ensure that key workers are kept mobile. Although we are also offering routine servicing for all our customers, we will undertake anything for those who need their motorcycle to be in good order to complete their roles or get to their place of work.

If you need us, we are operating by appointment only so please don't visit us without a prior booking. If you need to speak to us then we are running the service department from Tuesday to Saturday although the best way is via email (customer.service@bahnstormer.co.uk) or using the 'book service' button at the bottom of this email.

We are running a free collection and delivery service* to ensure that contact is kept to a minimum or if you are able to bring your bike in, we will provide you with a loan bike for your return journey. We unfortunately cannot offer a while you wait service as our showroom facilities remain closed for the time being.

To help further, BMW Motorrad UK have issued some changes to the service and warranty policies in combination with the DSA's extension to motorcycle MOT testing requirements. It is important to remember that despite these actions, you are still responsible for the roadworthiness of your motorcycle.

Warranty Validity with an Overdue Service

Any BMW motorcycle which was due a service on or after 14th March 2020 will not affect its warranty policy cover by becoming overdue during the current crisis period.
For any BMW motorcycle that is due a 600 mile running-in service during this period we have extended the mileage allowance to 1,200 miles.

Warranty Expiry

For any customer whose BMW motorcycle warranty expires during the COVID-19 period (from 14th March 2020), that cover will be extended to 30th June 2020.

Service Inclusive

Any overdue service that was due since the start of the COVID-19 period (14th March 2020) and would have been covered under a valid Service Inclusive Package will be honoured under an extension to that SI Package, valid until 30th June 2020.

MOT Extension

Your motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive. You can check your MOT status by using this link

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status

If your MOT expired before 30 March and you are still using your motorcycle, contact us to get this completed.

Contacting Us

If you need to make an appointment to get your bike in, can you please use our service request form in the first instance here:

*mileage restrictions apply

PARTS AND ONLINE SHOP

Our online shop is still open although we ask for a little leeway in processing your order. If you need something that isn't available on the online shop then please contact us by email (store@bahnstormer.co.uk) with as much detail about the part, clothing or accessory you would like and any motorcycle information that is pertinent (model, registration, VIN). We will contact you with availability plus cost and arrange postage out to you.

NEW AND USED SALES

We are still here to help you with any motorcycle sales enquiries you may have. We can send you quotes, finance examples, personalised videos of your bike of interest and complete the transaction, including finance, at arms length and deliver your perfect bike to your door.

Just send us some information to customer.service@bahnstormer.co.uk about what we can do for you and how best to contact you and we'll do the rest. If you need to talk to use then we are available 10am - 3pm Monday to Saturday on 01420 587 007

We really miss all the social interaction, events and fun but we will be back!

Stay safe from all the Bahnstormer Team

Bahnstormer Alton
Gosport Road
Lower Farringdon
Alton
Hampshire
GU34 3DJ

01420 587 007
Bahnstormer Maidenhead
71–73 Furze Platt Road
Maidenhead
Berkshire
SL6 7NG

01628 509 600

www.bahnstormer.co.uk

unsubscribe

I had broadly similar when i contacted them last week

they will look at the bike for the warranty work, when things get back to normal

did i want the bike picking up etc

Back
Top Bottom