Wunderlich rear pannier bars R1200RT

Roymundo

Reaction score
Thinking about fitting some protection bars to the rear panniers on my 2015 R1200RT LC. Ilium works protection bars look ideal but think only available in USA. Wunderlich appear to be a popular choice, anyone had any experience of these and will it impede the pillion mount/dismounting?
Anyone purchased protection bars lately if so where from?

Thinking about fitting some protection bars to the rear panniers on my 2015 R1200RT LC. Ilium works protection bars look ideal but think only available in USA. Wunderlich appear to be a popular choice, anyone had any experience of these and will it impede the pillion mount/dismounting?
Anyone purchased protection bars lately if so where from?

Hi there I have a 2017 RT LC and fitted the wunderlich chrome engine and pannier protection bars and they are great no problem with the mount dismount. I think the add to the bike personally, and just give you that little bit of security in case.

I can send you a photo if you pm me with your email

Good luck with the rear ones, there was a thread on here about people dropping bikes (not whilst riding them) and the bars causing the rear sub frame to bend.

Check out the Heed bars. A lot cheaper than Wunderlich and, in my limited experience, a better fit.

Illium are available from Sport Touring in the UK. Mike who runs the business is a top bloke as well.

Good luck with the rear ones, there was a thread on here about people dropping bikes (not whilst riding them) and the bars causing the rear sub frame to bend.

I have never seen anyone say their rear subframe has bent due to a drop. But then again, there are loads of different bars, so subsequently different mounting positions. Illium actually drop a bike to show the bars working. Only issue with some rear bars, is they can touch down if your riding aggressively.

Back
Top Bottom