Schubert E1 Peak Vibration

Flyingdutchman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Schubert E1 and I'm struggling with the ridiculous amount of vibration in the peak. I like the helmet itself as it's comfy and quiet.

I've tried adjusting the airflow coming from my add on screen but it makes little or no difference.

Are other E1 users having the same issues and if so did you find a way round it?

The original Pin Lock that was fitted also steams up which is really annoying!

Thanks,

FD

yep I have quite a bit of movement in my peak. It is my first adventure style lid, i normally have a shoei multitec. Will be returning to one too after lockdown. I thought the peak was going to come off on one ride it was moving that much

I’ve got a R1150GSA and had a some vibration, I got a cheap screen spoiler which made a big difference.

Try raising your screen, or fitting a visor will help and try the visor in different positions as this also helped. The lower setting in conjunction with the screen spoiler removed the vibration for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a screen spoiler on my standard GSA screen as I am quite tall. Lowering it and increasing airflow over the helmet makes it worse. Someone on here posted that he had added two wheel balancing weights on his peak which cured the vibrations but I cannot get him to reply to me question as to where on the peak he fixed those. I suppose I'll have to keep experimenting.

The vibration wears the pins that hold the assemblies at the side down. My peak flew down when at speed covering my eye so I then had gaffer tape restricting the forward movement.

its bike and screen dependent. I got the alternative side caps and removed my peak

I think it’s more likely to be the screen causing this issue, I had no problem with the peak on my E1

I couldn’t get mine to stop buzzing so sold it on. Shame really as it’s a nice kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have this problem on the GSA but did not on the GS. I just get on with it to be honest - but it’s the noise that gets me more than anything. I recently took the peak off and noticed how quiet it was however I really appreciate how much bright light the peak keeps off my eyes.

I have this problem on the GSA but did not on the GS. I just get on with it to be honest - but it’s the noise that gets me more than anything. I recently took the peak off and noticed how quiet it was however I really appreciate how much bright light the peak keeps off my eyes.

I switched to a Shoei Hornet ADV, which ironically has a much bigger peak. It’s way quieter and less buzzy than the Schuberth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I switched to a Shoei Hornet ADV, which ironically has a much bigger peak. It’s way quieter and less buzzy than the Schuberth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Plus one for what he said!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The noise/vibration E1 peak is massively screen dependent. You can adjust the angle of the peak itself - it has a number of detentes in the mechanism. I found setting it one click higher helped with my particular set-up.

I also eliminated most of the vibration (and hence buzzing) by adding some self-adhesive wheel-balancing weights on the underside of the peak.

TBH it's not as good a helmet for dual sport as a Tour X4 or a Hornet but for long-distance dual-sport touring the flip-front is a huge plus and I find it generally quieter than my X4, once the buzzing is cured.

On long motorway stretches, I use the side caps and take the peak off - as per post #6

Back
Top Bottom