Multi-bike Insurance online quotes.

oddjob

Reaction score
Would you good folks please kindly share your experiences and make your personal recommendations? :)

Historically, the most bikes I've previously owned at the same time were five and I found it impossible to obtain one single multi-bike insurance policy.
The only solution was to have four on a multi-bike policy with one broker and a further additional policy for one bike; consequently, my no claims discount wasn't initially recognised for the fifth bike. :mad:

I've no points on my driving license (held since 1979) / advanced riding qualifications (in my case RoSPA / RoDAR Gold) / no motoring accidents claims or convictions in the last five years / no non-motoring convictions / thankfully still in good health.

However, despite my motoring CV, it was such an annual faffage expensive rip-off, that I subsequently reduced to three bikes in total. :(

My present three bikes are:

BMW R 1200 GS TE 2018
Honda Hornet 900 2005
Kawasaki ZZR 600 E6F 2006

My present incumbent provider is AA Insurance (underwritten by Aviva) which is scheduled for renewal on 16.05.2020. :augie
The AA renewal invitations have always been the most competitive, so that's why I've stayed with them for the last four years for both the bikes and the car.

Anyway, I've just spent the last hour (without any success) trying to get some online multi-bike insurance quotes:

Bennets.
The website link states I'm applying for a multi-bike quote. However, upon entering all my details and for bike one, there is no option to add further bikes. Moreover, there is no option to detail advanced riding qualifications.

Carole Nash.
The website states I'm applying for a multi-bike quote. However, upon entering all my details and for bikes one and two, there is no option to add further bikes. Moreover, there is no option to detail advanced riding qualifications.

If you are after true multibike insurance (more than 2) - you will need to phone brokers, I think.

Carole Nash do multi-bike (can’t think of anything to recommend them, though)

Cornmarket (in Belfast) do multi-bike, been with them around 4 yrs now.

There is no reliable short cut, other than getting on the phone and shopping around. That is true of any vehicle insurance. Dull it may be but that’s life. It’s the one hangover from the pre-digital, everything is easy, age.

As to who provides ‘multi-bike, multi-vehicle’ insurance, see the umpteen threads on the topic.

Just used Bennett’s for two bikes Ducati pp multi 1200 bmw 1150advse full Comp £324 which I thought wasn’t bad can wanted a lot more !!!

I did a really good deal with BeMoto, in essence they added my recently acquired Ducati ST3 to my GS policy for no more money than I was paying Bennetts for just the GS.
The policy was still with AXA, everything stayed the same, no stupid warranties, reasonable excess.
I enquired about adding my Ducati 748 too & it was less than £50 extra.

There is no reliable short cut, other than getting on the phone and shopping around. That is true of any vehicle insurance. Dull it may be but that’s life. It’s the one hangover from the pre-digital, everything is easy, age.

As to who provides ‘multi-bike, multi-vehicle’ insurance, see the umpteen threads on the topic.

Yes, I kid you not, I spent two days making multiple phone calls, of which the longest outbound call duration was 80 minutes. :eek:

Attachments

• Bike Insurance Quotes.jpg
    Bike Insurance Quotes.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 446
Multi-bike insurance quotation required.

My present incumbent provider is AA Insurance (underwritten by Aviva) which is scheduled for renewal on 16.05.2020.

Conterminous motorbike insurance held from 16.05.2009.

Full protected no claims discount / NCD 8 years.

UK driving license held since 1977.

Motor Car test passed: 09.04.1979
Motor Bike test passed: 08.07.1981

No motoring accidents claims or convictions in the last five years.

No non-motoring convictions.

Thankfully in good health.

Full member of BMF (British Motorcyclists Federation) since 1989. Membership number D18~~~.

Full member of RoSPA / RoADAR membership number 54~~~. Most recent RoSPA / RoADAR triennial advanced riding reassessment test Sunday 28th July 2019 (whereby I maintained my Gold Grade).

My present three bikes are:

BMW R 1200 GS TE (Engine Capacity @ 1,170 cc) / Registration Number R~~~ ~~~.
Year of manufacture: July 2017.
Standard factory fitted alarm and immobiliser.
Accessories Fitted:
BMW Motorrad genuine accessories:
Sat-Nav (Navigator 6 Variant); Tank Bag (Small Variant); Vario panniers and top-case (including the top case mount); Low seat; Engine Protection Bars; Frame Protection Covers; Main stand protection cover; Radiator protection covers.

Touratech accessories:
Rear seat luggage plate; Battery charger accessory lead; Side-stand enlarger; Extra-low seat; Front and rear mudguard extenders (Avant / mudsling).

Honda Hornet 900 F5 (Engine Capacity @ 919 cc) / Registration Number B~~~ ~~~.
Year of manufacture: 2005.
Standard factory fitted HISS immobiliser.
Accessories Fitted:
Honda Accessory Fly-screen; Garmin Sat-nav (model 350 LM) and mount; Front mudguard mud-flap (Fender extender); Handlebar analogue clock (Oxford - Black); Baglux-Bagster Tank Cover and tank-bag (rider model variant); Battery charger accessory lead; Scottoiler and lubetube reservoir; Givi rack and top-case (V46 Monokey).

Kawasaki ZZR 600 E6F 2006 (Engine Capacity @ 599 cc) / Registration Number A~~~ ~~~.
Year of manufacture: 2005.
Meta M357TV2 professionally fitted alarm and immobiliser.
Accessories Fitted:
Double-Bubble (black screen); Garmin Sat-nav mount to suit model 350 LM; Front mudguard mud-flap (Fender extender); Baglux-Bagster Tank Cover and tank-bag (rider model variant); Battery charger accessory lead; Scottoiler and lubetube reservoir; Givi rack and top-case (E360N Monokey).

We now know more than enough about the aptly named, ‘oddjob’. Not least that he has: ‘ Conterminous motorbike insurance’, whatever that is?

How do you tender for oddjob's insurance?

I've spoken to my mate Barry. He's a plasterer by trade, but he's willing to do it for £140 fully comp.

Back
Top Bottom