Off road specials

Update

A few pics to bring you up to date with progress.

The exhaust down and upsweep pipe he made over the weekend and now needs final TIG welding, the end can is a hybrid of a B50 and modern Bonneville exhausts.

The air filter is from a VW camper van, the alloy side panels he made from material salvaged from a quad bike that was being scrapped on the farm. All brackets and supports for the cycle parts he makes himself from materials he has at hand.

Attachments

• Air cleaner.jpg
    Air cleaner.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Alloy side panel.jpg
    Alloy side panel.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Engine front.jpg
    Engine front.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 267
  • Exhaust tail piece.jpg
    Exhaust tail piece.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 188
More pics

Attachments

• Exhaust tail piece.jpg
    Exhaust tail piece.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Front mudguard bracket.jpg
    Front mudguard bracket.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Shock bracket.jpg
    Shock bracket.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 198
I like a bloke with a messy garage. Just get on with the work, you can tidy up later it’s not an operating theatre

More pics

Most of yesterday was spent fabricating the mesh infills to fill the gap underneath the alloy side panels, it is incredible just how much time it takes to make even small pieces like this and my brother is such a perfectionist that if he doesn't like it he will bin it and start again. I have donated the chrome OEM exhaust from my 1250S Bandit to the cause, mot that he will fit the exhaust to a bike but it has useful brackets attached and he will cut it up and reccycle the materials to make custom parts.

Attachments

• Right Side Exhaust.jpg
    Right Side Exhaust.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Right infill.jpg
    Right infill.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Left infill.jpg
    Left infill.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Air filter.jpg
    Air filter.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 148
Jeez, that's some serious rake there....hasn't he got any yokes with a different offset?

The front mudguard doesn't match the wheel diameter.

Jeez, that's some serious rake there....hasn't he got any yokes with a different offset?

The front mudguard doesn't match the wheel diameter.

I'll be sure to pass on your observations Steve. It's a custom special, a one-off, and is being built with his eye and how he wants it, you would obviously do it differently and that is the whole point.

Back
Top Bottom