Gemel TXSHS alarm operating advice needed

holla916

Reaction score
Hi all, As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I was going to change the two small batteries in my BMW alarm box (Gemel TXSHS) under the pillion seat as when I tried the alarm a couple of days ago after not using the alarm for years I pressed the button ........ and nothing happened
Yesterday I took the rear rack off and the panel covering the box, after carefully removing the alarm cover I took out the two batteries and thought I’ll wait till today for the new ones to arrive. Before I had fitted them I had just turned the ignition off after linking my phone to my sat nav and must have pressed the button on the fob ....... And the indications flashed!!
I presume that the two batteries in the alarm box are for back up power to the siren if the main feed is cut?
However, This one seems to operate differently to any alarm I’ve had previously on cars/bikes. Let me explain what mine does and you can tell me if this is correct:

Press the left button and the indicators flash twice with NO beep (setting the alarm)

Press the left button twice and the indicators flash three times with three beeps (I’ve since found out that this is to remove the motion sensor)

Press the right button and the indicators flash once and there’s NO beep (turning alarm off)

All this is typical of what I thought this would do ........... but here’s the thing I don’t understand:

You can only operate the alarm with the fob in a window of around 30 seconds after turning the ignition off. After that, anything you do with the fob just lights the led on the fob but the bike doesn’t respond
The only way you can turn it off is to put the key in the ignition and disable it that way
If this is the way it operates I’ll start to use it again (not that it gets left anywhere and is kept in a locked internal garage) but if this isn’t right and is a sign that it’s on its way out after all it is 10 years old then I won’t use it incase it leaves me stranded somewhere
Sorry to waffle on
Let me know your thoughts and if this short window to set the alarm is correct
Thanks

Did the copies of the alarm manual I sent you help any?

All this is typical of what I thought this would do ........... but here’s the thing I don’t understand:

You can only operate the alarm with the fob in a window of around 30 seconds after turning the ignition off. After that, anything you do with the fob just lights the led on the fob but the bike doesn’t respond
The only way you can turn it off is to put the key in the ignition and disable it that way

Thats the way my 2008 GS works. I guess after the 30 second window if the alarm is not activated then power is disconnected to prevent any further current draw. I only use the alarm when away from home to help avoid flat battery if bike is not started for a couple months.

It's working correctly. Yes you only have a 30sec window to use the fob.

You don't say (unless I missed it) what it does after ignition off and no use of the fob? Does the alarm flash the indicators? I ask as I'm guessing it's set to auto arm at ignition off - after 30sec. Guessing!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

First post so please be gentle!

My Gemel appears to action the alarm ok but I can't get the immobiliser to let go of the bike??

My bike is 10 years old and I acquired it in Oct 19. However, with my work commitments, I only got out on it for the first time this week. Initially, all good.

But now, the immobiliser is stuck on and regardless of what buttons I press, she won't fire.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom