Gear change indicator

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have recently noticed that the gear change indicator, VERY occasionally seems to get "stuck" between 4th and 5th, and still shows 4th when actually in 5th. Other times it seems to have a "think about it" for a split second or so, then shows the correct gear.
Only seems to do this going 4th to 5th, not the other way round.
I did do a quick search which would seem to suggest it might be "wet" and it'll probably sort itself out, and I did actually "ford" a flooded road a couple of times last week on the way to work, probably about 8 inches deep or so I'd guess, but quite long.

Anyone else have any experience of this ? or is there an "easy" fix, I'm not aware of?
If it's just going to dry out then be fine, I'll leave it.

Thanks again in advance, hope all keeping safe etc.
B

I had the problem a few years ago on an old R1100RS. The gear position switch can be prone to internal corrosion (green slime). I managed to sucessfully dismantle, clean, (silicone) grease and reassemble it.

This may help: LINKY

I had the problem a few years ago on an old R1100RS. The gear position switch can be prone to internal corrosion (green slime). I managed to sucessfully dismantle, clean, (silicone) grease and reassemble it.

This may help: LINKY

Thank you...

Back
Top Bottom