SENA SLR2 driving me insane - pls Help!

Cezinho

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Sena SRL2 connected to my TFT GSA 1250. Yes I manage to read the 1.000.000 threads and was finally able to connect it and have everything connected and working (TFT+Sena+iPhone XR + Nav6).

HOWEVER, there is something driving me crazy: when everything is connected bu in STAND-BY (no phone call, no music, no GPS indications) I hear some small and continuous interference sounds (small ticks) that are very unpleasant and even distracting which makes me switch off the SENA all the time because of that.
I don't know what is causing this : not sure if it is interferences with something, or Sena searching for any device.

did you experience the same? do you know what might be causing this?

thank you all

Do you know if one item is causing it, say turn the nav off etc to see if it still occurs. I had something similar with my connection and am I correct in remembering the SRL has two mobile and one GPS connection so make sure the GPS is connected to the correct channel. I think my clicks were something to do with safety camera or speed warnings even though they were turned off in the nav menu. Good luck.

Thanks,
I don’t have the Nav6 connected to the Sena.
I connected the phone to TFT and the Sena to TFT. Nav is connected to phone only ....

I really don’t know where those sounds come from...

If i was to say sounds like "static" hissing and clicking all the time you have silence, and then as soon as you have audio, it goes away

Only to return when you have no audio? would that sound about right

I had similar when i bought my 30K, i was very disappointed to have the same audio aberration out of the box.

I asked the same question as i was not a happy bunny

If i recall the answer to your problem, is to do a firmware update / reinstall on the Sena ,

Once i had done that, i had silence until i needed audio

Hello all,

I have a Sena SRL2 connected to my TFT GSA 1250. Yes I manage to read the 1.000.000 threads and was finally able to connect it and have everything connected and working (TFT+Sena+iPhone XR + Nav6).

HOWEVER, there is something driving me crazy: when everything is connected bu in STAND-BY (no phone call, no music, no GPS indications) I hear some small and continuous interference sounds (small ticks) that are very unpleasant and even distracting which makes me switch off the SENA all the time because of that.
I don't know what is causing this : not sure if it is interferences with something, or Sena searching for any device.

did you experience the same? do you know what might be causing this?

thank you all

Hi did you ever resolve the clicking issue? I have exactly the same issue.

Hi did you ever resolve the clicking issue? I have exactly the same issue.

Not solved at all.
Updated the TFT onde again but the problem remains.
Very disappointed and thinking to change brand

I know you have probably tried every combination by now but this works for me..

iPhone connected to Nav6
Sena connected to Nav 6

I can play music from my phone through the Nav6 and get/make calls and of course the sat nav voice either plays over the music or stays quiet during calls.

I don’t get any hissing or clicking and it can all be powered up in different orders.

I did try doing it the way the guy in the video says but it was all a bit hard work

Just a suggestion

Have you updated the firmware on the Sena?

they are prone to being noisy out of the box

a firmware update, usually resolves it

I know you have probably tried every combination by now but this works for me..

iPhone connected to Nav6
Sena connected to Nav 6

I can play music from my phone through the Nav6 and get/make calls and of course the sat nav voice either plays over the music or stays quiet during calls.

I don’t get any hissing or clicking and it can all be powered up in different orders.

I did try doing it the way the guy in the video says but it was all a bit hard work

Just a suggestion

What about TFT connection?

Have you updated the firmware on the Sena?

they are prone to being noisy out of the box

a firmware update, usually resolves it
My son and I have been having trouble with our Sena SF4 units since the latest firmware update with intolerable wind noise making communication virtually impossible above 40mph where previously the noise cancelling worked well. We have tried everything, usual factory resets/settings/ etc..etc... And have now emailed Sena who have escalated it to 'Level2' which probably just means a longer wait for the same advice.

Seems to me from reading other threads etc... That Sena have gone off the boil. Seriously thinking of changing to Cardo if it wasn't so expensive...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

To be clear about the issue (particularly mine), Everthing connects fine and all is silent, then after a period a Random (ish) ticking begins, for me predominantly in the Right hand earpiece, its as if somthing is pulsing and trying a connection. Once it starts it dosent stop, dosent change with engine speed and continues if the engine is cut, powering off the bike or Sena seems the only way to stop it.

I had the constant ticking with my Sena 10u the one built for fitting in the neotec, couldn’t stop it at all. Bought the Sena 20s Evo & no more ticking lol.

Back
Top Bottom