Tips on cleaning white wall tyres

Captain jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any thoughts? I have heard petrol is an option but that doesn’t sound right to me. Bit of oil here and there as well as general dullness

Scotchbrite pad and washing up liquid......

I would not put Petrol on my tyres........ever....

Oh... and HMOB or Juanking will be along in a mo to abuse you.....

Brillo pad and water.

PS. White walls look good (on touring models) on a nice little Sunday spin, but end up looking shite after a trip to southern Europe and back.

Rule - Dirty white walls make a nice bike look scruffy. I love em and hate them at the same time.

The 60 plus hp at the back wheel on this bike proved a real challenge in keeping the white walls clean. A splash of Mr Sheene cleaned them up well. Plus the benefit of aiding drifting around corners.

Ill get my hat..............

Attachments

• D7879618-D70A-4797-AA3B-2CAEA21656FB.jpg
    D7879618-D70A-4797-AA3B-2CAEA21656FB.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 227
I always used paint thinners and a dry rag when I had Avon Gangsters on my Heritage :thumb2

A fucking nightmare to keep clean :blast

All American motor vehicles should have white walled tyres, they look much better that way.
When I get Melch's bike the 3rd modification I shall make to her is to get white walled tyres fitted. The 1st modification, obviously, is get a decent top box fitted.

All American motor vehicles should have white walled tyres, they look much better that way.
When I get Melch's bike The 1st modification, obviously, is get a decent top box fitted.
and thats why you will never own it.....

OK carry on.

Back
Top Bottom