Bullet Brake

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Brilliant design, but the price is crazy. Still if you can afford it, its a brilliant solution for the DCT AT. :thumb2

While we're in lockdown I've ordered two Bullet Brake gizmo's

As discussed in this thread

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...CT-Modified-Pics/page2?highlight=bullet brake

Cost me £260 delivered for two... bloody expensive, but I think being able to easily lock-out front and rear hydraulics would be perfect on a DCT bike. Especially for off-road.

Should be with me end of next week.

now that's what you call biting the bullet !! yes very expensive for a couple of fancy banjo bolts but hey its a great addition.

if you decide to sell the cable tie ill have dibs :green gri

are they here yet ?

Not here yet :)

One is in stock, the other one is coming from USA .... so that'll delay things.

I'm happy to wait :thumb2

Brilliant design, but the price is crazy. Still if you can afford it, its a brilliant solution for the DCT AT. :thumb2

Hope so.

I decided to buy two, so I can lock out front or rear wheel.... and if I smash one up in a crash, hopefully the other one will keep me functional.

Not here yet :)

One is in stock, the other one is coming from USA .... so that'll delay things.

I'm happy to wait :thumb2

Just an update, got an email yesterday, they're in the UK now so passed through Customs.

Should be with me later this week :thumb2

Both units should be with me on Wednesday :thumb2

Any update on this?

Yep, sorry.

Both bullet brakes have arrived, just haven't had the time to fit them yet.

Been out on the R1200GSA and Africa Twin hasn't been out off-roading, so fitment is on the back burner at moment.

Had contracts at work to do, and a load of building work going on with the house....

:thumb2

Yep, sorry.

Both bullet brakes have arrived, just haven't had the time to fit them yet.

Been out on the R1200GSA and Africa Twin hasn't been out off-roading, so fitment is on the back burner at moment.

Had contracts at work to do, and a load of building work going on with the house....

:thumb2

No worries mate riding bikes is better than farkling themA mate of mine has ordered from America but they have not arrived yet so just interested to see if they will be the final piece of the puzzle to make a fully functioning LHRB and parking brake using one bar mounted hydraulic lever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries mate riding bikes is better than farkling themA mate of mine has ordered from America but they have not arrived yet so just interested to see if they will be the final piece of the puzzle to make a fully functioning LHRB and parking brake using one bar mounted hydraulic lever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, very good :thumb2

I should get mine fitted soon. I'm going to do both front and rear brake.

Just been way to busy with other stuff. But I'll get it done :)

I have just fitted one of these to the front brake, so I can remove the left hand side parking brake (which I have done). Seems to work really well (better than the original parking bake). I have a very steep drive and the bike doesn't move with the Bullet set up, whereas it would roll down slowly with the original parking brake.

Aiming to fit a LHRB set up, as covered in the separate thread. Never had one before, so looking forward to it.

Next mini-project will be Rekluse clutch and LHRB on the Gasgas EC300. That should be good

I have just fitted one of these to the front brake, so I can remove the left hand side parking brake (which I have done). Seems to work really well (better than the original parking bake). I have a very steep drive and the bike doesn't move with the Bullet set up, whereas it would roll down slowly with the original parking brake.

Aiming to fit a LHRB set up, as covered in the separate thread. Never had one before, so looking forward to it.

Next mini-project will be Rekluse clutch and LHRB on the Gasgas EC300. That should be good

Well done mate, I've still not fitted mine yet :D

Must do that soon :D

It's literally 10 minutes work. You can whip off the hose with very little fluid leaking, stick the Bullet banjo on and tighten everything up. Mine had a slight spongy feeling afterwards, but leaving the brake lever tied back (on) overnight bled it back up again. Surprisingly easy!

I have had my bullet brake fittted for a little over a month now combined with a bar mounted left hand rear brake conversion and its is mega.

Bullet brake is easy to fit and bleed and in combination with a Honda bar mounted rear brake master cylinder it looks factory and is how Honda should be delivering the bike from new.

The LHRB & transforms the bike it like a big 1100cc mountain bike now and although clearly it is not a KTM500EXC with a rekluse and LHRB fitted you sometimes forget this (Trust me I have had both bikes and set ups and the combination of DCT, LHRB and bullet brake is awesome)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had my bullet brake fittted for a little over a month now combined with a bar mounted left hand rear brake conversion and its is mega.

Bullet brake is easy to fit and bleed and in combination with a Honda bar mounted rear brake master cylinder it looks factory and is how Honda should be delivering the bike from new.

The LHRB & transforms the bike it like a big 1100cc mountain bike now and although clearly it is not a KTM500EXC with a rekluse and LHRB fitted you sometimes forget this (Trust me I have had both bikes and set ups and the combination of DCT, LHRB and bullet brake is awesome)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D .....

All you need now is the Touratech Extreme Suspension upgrade, Scotts Steering Damper, RallyRaid Wheelset, Mitas E-12 & E-13 Dakar tyres, Altrider High Fender Kit, Tail Tidy, Kriega Luggage, Eastern Beaver PC8 (with battery boost lead), Camel Braces, Altrider skid plate, Powerbronze short screen....

..... and it'll look just like mine :D

............... Altrider High Fender Kit,................

Do you get a lot of extra spray off the front wheel blowing back and up on the road? I remember seeing off roaders with a "mud flap" attached to the front of the high guard tp solve that issue.

Do you get a lot of extra spray off the front wheel blowing back and up on the road? I remember seeing off roaders with a "mud flap" attached to the front of the high guard tp solve that issue.

I was concerned about that, and concerned about wind lift, and everything else associated with noise / vibration / snagging / robustness / protection / convenience

Bloody brilliant. I've had no issues at all with mine.

Really easy wheel removal, I've not had any bad experience with it.

Been through rivers, pouring rain, crashed (several times)... bike is a tank

EDIT: Mine is the Alt-Rider High Fender Kit. Not the Camel-ADV Kit.

Some video's of me riding in the rain, or through water with the high fender kit :thumb2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W7TuoPacnyI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/whWPGHRNBco" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom