MAC OS X Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgehog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve done a factory reset on my Mid 2012 MacBook Air today to set it back up for my wife and kids.

The OS version is now 10.8.5 which I think is Mountain Lion. Before the reset is was running a newer version (possibly High Sierra, but I can’t remember)

The only software update shown is iTunes 12.4.3 and that isn’t playing ball and gives error code 102

I can’t download via Safari as most websites don’t support 6.2.8

I’ve tried to download El Capitan via App Store and that didn’t work

Any ideas?

Cheers. The link I got sent me to the App Store and it told me I couldn’t

I am just going back to restore from a back up from May 19 and I’ll try again

I’ve set my new Mac up and just need to reset everything so others can use it

You can even go right up to Catalina using Dosdude1's patches.

I'm running High Sierra on a late 2008 MacBook Pro and considering loading Catalina as he has patched that (albeit with no Maps app but I can live without that).

www.dosdude1.com

Check the compatibility list - MacBook Air from 2008 supported on Catalina.

HTH

A

The link I got sent me to the App Store and it told me I couldn’t

They check if you previously downloaded it (under your Apple ID account).
It will mention it in the error message. Did it say so?

Hi
I have a Macbook Pro 2012 and just upgraded to High Sierra. This as far as you can go as recommended by most forums. High Sierra runs all the current software so I am happy. I understand the problem going to more recent OS is hardware issues/conflicts but you need to check it out for yourself. I have changed my HDD to a SSD and also increased ram and all works very well.

Cheers. I ended up restoring it from a Time Machine back up and started again. I then bought a new one for myself as planned

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom