Hyperpro Rear Shock Rebuild

Paul Young

Under-used member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve got a slight weep from the oil reservoir on my HP rear shock and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for a tech to repair it? It’s leaking from the ‘bean can’ below.

m28-349a70cdd030aedd73e9ef4547570ea1a08c29df.jpg

Denz0 (lukas) has serviced, upgraded and lowered a lot of shocks (mine included) for guys on here. Drop him a PM.

Al.

Other than the leak, is the Hyperpro a reasonable replacement shock ? Thinking about buying their rear shock and front spring replacement kit for the AT.

I’ve been really happy with them, Davy, but I picked up the pair secondhand for €200 from eBay.de, unused and still in their nice wooden boxes.

This will be the first work they’ve needed in about 10yrs and 50k miles so I can’t complain.

Other than the leak, is the Hyperpro a reasonable replacement shock ? Thinking about buying their rear shock and front spring replacement kit for the AT.

Have a chat with Clarence Bell at PLR suspension in Greyabbey 028 4278 8854 he does other suspension as well as the Ohlins stuff. Always found him decent to deal with and he can't be very busy at the moment with no road racing or motocross going on. :) Last time he rebuilt my Ohlins rear shock on my 2002 R1150gs it needed as new body now looks like new! Although I think the only original parts are the shims and the hydraulic adjuster as its had a new piston and rebound adjuster (seized due to riding in road salt) before now!

I appreciate the recommendation, Mzokk. Just waiting for payday, now... :)

Have a chat with Clarence Bell at PLR suspension in Greyabbey 028 4278 8854 he does other suspension as well as the Ohlins stuff. Always found him decent to deal with and he can't be very busy at the moment with no road racing or motocross going on. :) Last time he rebuilt my Ohlins rear shock on my 2002 R1150gs it needed as new body now looks like new! Although I think the only original parts are the shims and the hydraulic adjuster as its had a new piston and rebound adjuster (seized due to riding in road salt) before now!

Yes, Mzokk...I know Clarence and need to chat to him as I wouldn’t do the fork work myself. Hopefully he’ll be all right about working on lesser units than his usual Ohlins.

Excellent, Shifty. Thanks a lot for that - I had a memory that there was a good one nearby, but had no idea who or where. That’s the one I remembered... I’ll just have to check they deal with Hyperpro :thumb

i have had various shocks rebuilt/serviced by TW Suspension, he is in preston too, always been pleased with his work , :thumb

https://www.twsuspensiontech.co.uk/

Yes, Mzokk...I know Clarence and need to chat to him as I wouldn’t do the fork work myself. Hopefully he’ll be all right about working on lesser units than his usual Ohlins.

I know he’s fitted a few Wilbers esa systems to Gses and Rt’s. He also fits Ktech stuff. He did a pair of GSXR forks for me years ago:)

Back
Top Bottom