Sump plug size?

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought th emotors were the same across all three platforms. Having a conversation with a Moto owner, he is adamant that it is totally stock, but it has a 24mm hex head for a sump plug. I was under the impression standard sump plug was a 10mm socket srew (Allen bolt), my aftermarket one is a 12mm version, with a bigger magnet in the centre, to align the ions in the oil and increase its lubricationary slipperyness. :green gri

What motorcycle uses a 24mm hex head for a sump plug? It sounds more car sized to me.

It’s 01:30, yes it seems large, I don’t think mine is anywhere near that size, but my bikes not at hand. Go to sleep mate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The engines are the same , but depending on the year , the bike can have either a 24mm hex head or a 10mm Allen Socket , both with a M24 x 2mm thread . If you order a new one you will get a 10mm Allen socket as I believe they phased out the older type 24mm hex head which was also fitted to the F650 singles

Here is the part number :

11 13 7 708 604
Screw plug, magnetic
M24X2

The engines are the same , but depending on the year , the bike can have either a 24mm hex head or a 10mm Allen Socket , both with a M24 x 2mm thread . If you order a new one you will get a 10mm Allen socket as I believe they phased out the older type 24mm hex head which was also fitted to the F650 singles

Here is the part number :

11 13 7 708 604
Screw plug, magnetic
M24X2

Thank you very much for the clarification Mr. Nicholson. 24mm - that is one hell of a spanner to fit in the underseat tool kit!

Thank you very much for the clarification Mr. Nicholson. 24mm - that is one hell of a spanner to fit in the underseat tool kit!

Buy the new one, the 10mm allen key fits the shock as well.

Don't use a 24mm spanner, you'll round the edges off ... use a 24mm socket ...

... and why would you want one 'under seat' Simon?

You gonna change the oil 'on the road' :D

:beerjug:

Don't use a 24mm spanner, you'll round the edges off ... use a 24mm socket ...

... and why would you want one 'under seat' Simon?

You gonna change the oil 'on the road' :D

:beerjug:

It saves having to dispose of it properly..... :doris

:aidan

Back
Top Bottom